GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Somebody RESTRAIN me! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/89742-somebody-restrain-me.html)

Jean Staffen 12-02-2005 11:52 PM

Somebody RESTRAIN me!

I moved into a tiny house with a tiny backyard and a tiny frontyard. I plan
to plant some veggies in back and some flowers in front. I hit the dollar
store the other day and they had packets of seeds for 10 cents apiece. I'm
afraid I went a little crazy. I have enough seeds to plant the back 40
acres. Can't wait for the weather to get right so I can start my projects.
I LOVE watching seeds come up and grow. Just LOVE it!

Katra 13-02-2005 01:23 PM

In article ,
"Jean Staffen" wrote:

I moved into a tiny house with a tiny backyard and a tiny frontyard. I plan
to plant some veggies in back and some flowers in front. I hit the dollar
store the other day and they had packets of seeds for 10 cents apiece. I'm
afraid I went a little crazy. I have enough seeds to plant the back 40
acres. Can't wait for the weather to get right so I can start my projects.
I LOVE watching seeds come up and grow. Just LOVE it!

Well, some seeds are so tiny, you end up having to "thin". A chore I
hate. :-(

It's like, which plants am I gonna kill? sigh I need to do that with
my chard. If I don't thin some, I'll lose them all!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada

Cindy 13-02-2005 06:11 PM

Jean Staffen wrote:
I moved into a tiny house with a tiny backyard and a tiny frontyard.
I plan to plant some veggies in back and some flowers in front. I
hit the dollar store the other day and they had packets of seeds for
10 cents apiece. I'm afraid I went a little crazy. I have enough
seeds to plant the back 40 acres. Can't wait for the weather to get
right so I can start my projects. I LOVE watching seeds come up and
grow. Just LOVE it!

I need restraint too! But I go wild at the fall nursery-clearing sales. I
bought so many big plants last year, I STILL have a few of them in pots. I
forget I can only dig so fast.

Cindy