Old 03-04-2005, 10:53 PM
mrchaos007

Default Herb Sale At Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery

How ya all doing?

Mention you saw this on the internet and get 20% off any plant purchase
at Gardens of the Ancients. Best selection of herb plants in North
Austin. We also have a full selection of dried herbs, essential oils,
incense, crystals, books and much more.

We have many many rare and unusual selections, most of them have
medicinal value and most of those are very interesting just for their
ornamental value.

So you serious herbal gardeners check out the place committed to herbs.
You will be very surprised by our selection, reasonable prices and
helpful service.

Dave Schanzle
www.gardensoftheancients.com
Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery
4800 Yager Lane
Manor, TX 78653
Old 04-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Catbird

Dave Schanzle
www.gardensoftheancients.com
Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery
4800 Yager Lane
Manor, TX 78653

Link seems to be down
--
Catbird

"Oh-oh, her schizo is about to phrenia" - Bob Hope

Old 05-04-2005, 02:07 AM
Katra

In article ,
mrchaos007 wrote:

How ya all doing?

Mention you saw this on the internet and get 20% off any plant purchase
at Gardens of the Ancients. Best selection of herb plants in North
Austin. We also have a full selection of dried herbs, essential oils,
incense, crystals, books and much more.

We have many many rare and unusual selections, most of them have
medicinal value and most of those are very interesting just for their
ornamental value.

So you serious herbal gardeners check out the place committed to herbs.
You will be very surprised by our selection, reasonable prices and
helpful service.

Dave Schanzle
www.gardensoftheancients.com
Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery
4800 Yager Lane
Manor, TX 78653

Hey Dave sweetie! :-)
Heads up!!!

Ad's like this one are not generally welcome on regular usenet lists but
if you want to advertise, become a regular contributing member of the
group and just put the above information in your signature!

It'll get you some hits that way and sig "advertising" seems to be
acceptable on usenet. This is a GREAT group and well worth participating
in and I know that you could be a valuable contributor with your
knowlege of propagation of unusual herbals.

The Peruvian torch cactus I bought from you last fall made it well thru
the winter and the fungal infections are gone, so I plan to pull the
buds for propagation.

For San Pedro, I've used a mix of 1/3 miracle grow, 1/3 sand and 1/3
pearlite with good success. What do YOU use for propagation?

The caapi vine is not growing much, does it need full shade? That is
what I am trying to provide it with!

Have not planted the datura seeds yet, what soil mix is best for those?

To the rest of the group, PLEASE cut Dave some slack! He is new to
Usenet and I have been to Garden of the Ancients. FASCINATING selection
of plants that I've not seen anywhere else in Austin, plus some of the
regular plants. He has bush morning glory that is really fun and mine is
doing well! :-)

Hugs Dave!
Katra

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada

Old 05-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Rusty Mase

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:07:17 -0500, Katra
wrote:

To the rest of the group, PLEASE cut Dave some slack! He is new to
Usenet and I have been to Garden of the Ancients.

No, on-topic, infrequent ads are not unwelcome here or on most Usenet
groups. If we had an absolute ban on ads then we would have to
curtail signature block advertisements. I think the rule is using
moderation in this matter. Notices, ads, signature blocks, etc..

Rusty Mase
Old 05-04-2005, 05:15 PM
dt

wrote:

To the rest of the group, PLEASE cut Dave some slack! He is new to
Usenet and I have been to Garden of the Ancients.

No, on-topic, infrequent ads are not unwelcome here or on most Usenet
groups. If we had an absolute ban on ads then we would have to
curtail signature block advertisements. I think the rule is using
moderation in this matter. Notices, ads, signature blocks, etc..

Rusty Mase

FWIW, Dave has at times been a fairly-frequent contributor. Maybe back
last spring?

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Old 05-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Katra

wrote:

To the rest of the group, PLEASE cut Dave some slack! He is new to
Usenet and I have been to Garden of the Ancients.

No, on-topic, infrequent ads are not unwelcome here or on most Usenet
groups. If we had an absolute ban on ads then we would have to
curtail signature block advertisements. I think the rule is using
moderation in this matter. Notices, ads, signature blocks, etc..

Rusty Mase

Cool. :-)
I was not sure...
I'm on SOME lists where they tolerate signature ads, but come down HARD
and NASTY on anyone that posts a direct ad to a website or business...

Glad to see this list is nicer and more tolerant.

Cool!

GOTA is a really cool nursery. It has plants I've never found anywhere
else in the Austin area!

It's a little out of the way, but worth the trip.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Katra

In article ,
Katra wrote:

wrote:

To the rest of the group, PLEASE cut Dave some slack! He is new to
Usenet and I have been to Garden of the Ancients.

No, on-topic, infrequent ads are not unwelcome here or on most Usenet
groups. If we had an absolute ban on ads then we would have to
curtail signature block advertisements. I think the rule is using
moderation in this matter. Notices, ads, signature blocks, etc..

Rusty Mase

Cool. :-)
I was not sure...
I'm on SOME lists where they tolerate signature ads, but come down HARD
and NASTY on anyone that posts a direct ad to a website or business...

Glad to see this list is nicer and more tolerant.

Cool!

GOTA is a really cool nursery. It has plants I've never found anywhere
else in the Austin area!

It's a little out of the way, but worth the trip.

Gag! Can't believe I used the word "cool" 3 times in that post. :-P
I am in serious need of some coffee! I did not sleep well last
night......

Sorry!
--
K.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Rusty Mase

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:36:30 -0500, Katra
wrote:

In article ,
Rusty Mase wrote:
No, on-topic, infrequent ads are not unwelcome here or on most Usenet
groups. If we had an absolute ban on ads then we would have to
curtail signature block advertisements. I think the rule is using
moderation in this matter. Notices, ads, signature blocks, etc..

Glad to see this list is nicer and more tolerant.

We are all cooling out here Katra. All the time I have participated
here this has never been a problem. We have gone through periods of
off-topic ads that became irritating, especially when they are cross
posted to a bunch of newsgroups. I think most of those evil people
are now into spam email and leave Usenet alone.

I would personally like to know if one of the great Austin garden
centers is having an open house with free food and demonstrations as I
might miss that in the paper.

Rusty Mase
Old 07-04-2005, 08:41 PM
mrchaos007

Katra wrote:

In article ,
mrchaos007 wrote:

[...]

I don't care what is welcome. I just do what I feel like. Not like I am
Walmart or something.

It'll get you some hits that way and sig "advertising" seems to be
acceptable on usenet. This is a GREAT group and well worth participating
in and I know that you could be a valuable contributor with your
knowlege of propagation of unusual herbals.

I have contributed for years, but have not done much recently.

The Peruvian torch cactus I bought from you last fall made it well thru
the winter and the fungal infections are gone, so I plan to pull the
buds for propagation.

Make sure they are 6" long for best results and let them dry for 10 to
14 days before you put into any mixture with any moisture.

For San Pedro, I've used a mix of 1/3 miracle grow, 1/3 sand and 1/3
pearlite with good success. What do YOU use for propagation?

That is pretty good, but I stay away from Miracle Grow anything. They
are part of the big problem.

The caapi vine is not growing much, does it need full shade? That is
what I am trying to provide it with!

What till it gets hot, it is a hot weather plant.

Have not planted the datura seeds yet, what soil mix is best for those?

Whatever they take clay alright.

To the rest of the group, PLEASE cut Dave some slack! He is new to
Usenet and I have been to Garden of the Ancients. FASCINATING selection
of plants that I've not seen anywhere else in Austin, plus some of the
regular plants. He has bush morning glory that is really fun and mine is
doing well! :-)

Don't worry they do and I have a very thick skin.

Hugs Dave!
Katra

Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Elizabeth

"Katra" wrote in message
[...]

Dave is definitely a regular poster. I for one am ALWAYS glad to see when
he's having some sort of sale.

I stopped by today and picked up some lemongrass, lemon basil, & feverfew,
and will be back when he gets his shipment of stevia. Dave has THE BEST
place anywhere near Austin for herbs, whether in plant form or dried. I've
been going out there for years.

Nice to see ya again Dave - will definitely miss you next spring when I'm
trying to figure out what will and won't grow in Montana.

Elizabeth

Old 08-04-2005, 04:10 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article mIk5e.1678$L64.916@okepread07,
"Elizabeth" wrote:

Dave is definitely a regular poster. I for one am ALWAYS glad to see when
he's having some sort of sale.

snipped

Elizabeth

Groovy. :-)
I just was not sure...

I've seen some SERIOUS hostility etc. on some austin. newsgroups when
people posted site links and ads to Austin. newsgroups!

I'll have to hit him up this weekend and see if he has any live Basil
plants...
--
Om.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Tex John

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message

I've seen some SERIOUS hostility etc. on some austin. newsgroups when
people posted site links and ads to Austin. newsgroups!

I'll have to hit him up this weekend and see if he has any live Basil
plants...

His Neem Oil makes a great organic pesticide, too. And skin balm when it
gets dry and itchy...and he definately made valuable posts last year.

John

Old 08-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Elizabeth

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
Groovy. :-)
I just was not sure...

I've seen some SERIOUS hostility etc. on some austin. newsgroups when
people posted site links and ads to Austin. newsgroups!

I'll have to hit him up this weekend and see if he has any live Basil
plants...
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

Nicholson

He had a bunch of sweet basil, lemon basil, holy basil, purple ruffles
basil....looking for a particular variety?

Old 08-04-2005, 06:09 PM
dt

Elizabeth wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message

[...]

A dental floss bush! Of course, you'll need one of them pygmy ponies....

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 08-04-2005, 08:47 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article , mrchaos007
wrote:

Katra wrote:
.

The Peruvian torch cactus I bought from you last fall made it well thru
the winter and the fungal infections are gone, so I plan to pull the
buds for propagation.

Make sure they are 6" long for best results and let them dry for 10 to
14 days before you put into any mixture with any moisture.

Yes, I usually callus for 2 to 3 weeks. :-)

For San Pedro, I've used a mix of 1/3 miracle grow, 1/3 sand and 1/3
pearlite with good success. What do YOU use for propagation?

That is pretty good, but I stay away from Miracle Grow anything. They
are part of the big problem.

Ok, how so?
What potting mix do you use for your 1/3?

The caapi vine is not growing much, does it need full shade? That is
what I am trying to provide it with!

What till it gets hot, it is a hot weather plant.

Ok.

Have not planted the datura seeds yet, what soil mix is best for those?

Whatever they take clay alright.

So it does not matter then...

Thank you Dave!!!
--