Old 10-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Conor Redmond

Default seed trading websites ?

Hi,
I'm Looking for feedback on what features are important for a seed or
plant trading website.

I'd like to know if there are any good web sites that people have tried
and have had good experience with? Or are there newsgroups that
specialize in trading? Perhaps there are some Books or FAQs that help
the uninitiated like myself. I did get some good advise on some
excellent australian sites, I'm particularly interested in websites for
the US, Canada and UK markets as these all have zips which allow you to
look up fellow garden sellers in your area.

The reason for all this research is my wife set up a site two weeks ago,
mostly as chance to play around with some open source software
technologies. But we'd really like to set something that would be
useful (and free) to the casual seed trader.

Your candid feedback would be very much appreciated

Thanks!
Conor Redmond
http://www.gardennut.com
Old 10-04-2005, 10:06 PM

Conner,

Can't help (as of today). But am interested in what you are seeking,
too, so PLEASE keep us posted on what you find out.

Gil

Old 16-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Conor Redmond

g wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I've posted on some similar forums and I'll let you know if I
come up with anything. It doesn't look there is a seeds trading
newsgroup. I might add one. I've seen what looks like some good forums
on the davesgarden website but it's $15 bucks to register which seems
kinda pricy.

Cheers
Conor
http://www.gardennut.com

Old 16-04-2005, 12:26 PM
ceed

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 20:27:08 -0500, Conor Redmond
wrote:

Hi,
I'm Looking for feedback on what features are important for a seed or
plant trading website.

I'd like to know if there are any good web sites that people have tried
and have had good experience with? Or are there newsgroups that
specialize in trading? Perhaps there are some Books or FAQs that help
the uninitiated like myself. I did get some good advise on some
excellent australian sites, I'm particularly interested in websites for
the US, Canada and UK markets as these all have zips which allow you to
look up fellow garden sellers in your area.

The reason for all this research is my wife set up a site two weeks ago,
mostly as chance to play around with some open source software
technologies. But we'd really like to set something that would be
useful (and free) to the casual seed trader.

This site is merely a collection of web based forums, but it works fine
for basic seed swapping and related discussions:

http://www.seedswapper.com/

On this page there's a listing for seed swapping and related sites:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/exchind/

--
//ceed
Old 12-05-2005, 06:51 AM
Conor Redmond

wrote:

[...]

SeedSwappers looked pretty good. I love the free sites!