GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Texas bluebells blooming (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/97251-texas-bluebells-blooming.html)

Clint 11-07-2005 07:24 PM

Texas bluebells blooming

Say, anyone wishing to view rare sight of whole field of Texas bluebell
flowers in full bloom might wish to drive down the road immediately
behind the Austin dumpgrounds off HW290.

I'm no flower expert, but I've lived in Austin for 40 years and only
seen a whole field in bloom once before.

Frank

dt 11-07-2005 08:44 PM

Clint wrote:

Say, anyone wishing to view rare sight of whole field of Texas bluebell
flowers in full bloom might wish to drive down the road immediately
behind the Austin dumpgrounds off HW290.

I'm no flower expert, but I've lived in Austin for 40 years and only
seen a whole field in bloom once before.

Frank

Thanks for the tip, Frank. Me and the digital camera may just have to head out there.

There was a beautiful field of them on the corner of Wall St. and Ferguson, in NE Austin, several years ago.

The next time I went by, it had been bulldozed flat for building.

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/