Old 29-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Harold Walker

I like South America, useful things may be discovered there. Guinea pigs
were introduced here first as a source of food. Runner beans, OTOH, were
first planted for the scarlet flowers.

and coca for Coca Cola?
--
Martin

Vot about the rum to go with the C C

Old 29-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Harold Walker

:

A number of postings suggested I was not qualified re England of
today......seems as though others appear to be qualified re USA of
today....wonder why the difference....

You weren't a member of the Junior Jet Club?

Harold is more of a Ovalteenie man.

[ A small prize to anyone who recognises the reference. ]

I thought BOAC but ...
http://www.juniorjetclub.net/
--
Martin

More like condensed milk as one lovely lady among your group of periodic
contributors can attest to....one from the south west of the UK that I had
the pleasure of meeting a couple of weeks ago.....and there is a genious
behind the Ovalteeni man...how did he guess a link

Old 29-07-2005, 10:01 AM
vsop

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

" |
| Is it worth mentioning the fact that the US is so vast that they
don't
| need to go abroad. They can get to visit almost any type of climate
they
| wish and travel much further than most Brits do on their travels,
within
| the US

It is also worth mentioning that both are common myths.

Firstly, it has only a few climate types - a hell of a lot more
than the UK, but many less than the British Empire (over which
the sun never set, natch).

Secondly, most people in the USA don't even leave their vicinity
(which may be physically large, but is often very homogeneous).

One survey I read about some time ago, stated that most Americans marry
someone living within 30 miles of their home town.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

A number of postings suggested I was not qualified re England of
today......seems as though others appear to be qualified re USA of
today....wonder why the difference....

Nice one pal........trussed and filleted......keep the rapier nice and
sharp.......
I'd very much like to buy you a beer sometime........and you could respond
with a single malt !
vsop

Old 29-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Harold Walker" writes:

| Janet has a home knitted blunt guillotine reserved for you
|
| I heard she was growing red-hot pokers.
|
| LOL!
|
| Would some kind soul please explain what is behind the comments re
| Janet....surely she must be human

Few of these remarks are made AGAINST Janet Baraclough.

Mike Crowe has taken against her and posts insults at almost every
opportunity. These remarks are, to a great extent, making fun of
his obsession.

Yes, Mike, obsession. Please do give it a break.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Sue Begg

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from Sue Begg contains these words:

It was a lifetime's ambition to see Macchu Pichu and we went last year
for our honeymoon. First and probably only time abroad as I have no
interest in standard sun, sea, resort type holidays.

Well, having discovered that it's possible to travel abroad for more
interesting pursuitss, I can't understand why you never want to do it
again!

Janet

Basically because we can't afford :-(

If it ain't a standard package holiday it costs a lot and that sort of
money is best spent on the garden and steading conversion at the moment.

African safari or Cambodia would be great if the lottery decides to be
kind to me :-)
--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply

Old 29-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Harold Walker

..

[...]

I would respond with a double single malt or if you preferred a wee noggin
or so of my home made wine

Old 29-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Sue Begg

In message , martin
writes
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:48:08 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from Sue Begg contains these words:

In Peru last year I even tried roast guinea pig - it's actually rather
nice

I like South America, useful things may be discovered there. Guinea pigs
were introduced here first as a source of food. Runner beans, OTOH, were
first planted for the scarlet flowers.

and coca for Coca Cola?

They greet you at the airport with a bag of coca leaves :-)

Have seed but I can't see it coping here in NE Scotland
--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply
Old 29-07-2005, 12:36 PM
vsop

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

.

[...]

Ayup mi Duck.....if your brew is only 50 times better than my last (and
final) attempt at Rhubarb wine, then I would rather be locked in a
compartment alone with THAT woman on the Glasgow to Capetown slooow train,
thanks very much !
Mine was so bad it was classed as a WMD by Princess Bliar. Ideal for
cleaning the patio or for a DIY vasectomy though.
No.....real ale or scotch, or nowt !

Old 29-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from martin contains these words:

Another piece of crisp guinea
pig crackling and a glass of elder flower wine?

Please save me the guineapig skins, everyone..I'm sewing them
together to make myself a moose.

Whit for do ye no' gang fur broke an' mak' yersel' a rat?

Oh dear. I was going to commission you to fashion a pair of antlers
out of recycled bones, but now I'm not sure you'll get the scale right
:~{

Janet
Old 29-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Sue Begg contains these words:

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from Sue Begg contains these words:

It was a lifetime's ambition to see Macchu Pichu and we went last year
for our honeymoon. First and probably only time abroad as I have no
interest in standard sun, sea, resort type holidays.

Well, having discovered that it's possible to travel abroad for more
interesting pursuitss, I can't understand why you never want to do it
again!

Janet

Basically because we can't afford :-(

If it ain't a standard package holiday it costs a lot and that sort of
money is best spent on the garden and steading conversion at the moment.

Don't overlook Europe; wonderful places now accessible on £10 quid
flights from most UK regional airports, use local trains or bus to leave
the main tourist drag (and rates) behind and sort out your own B and B.

Janet.

Old 29-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Mike Lyle

Harold Walker wrote:
I like South America, useful things may be discovered there.

Guinea
pigs were introduced here first as a source of food. Runner

beans,
OTOH, were first planted for the scarlet flowers.

and coca for Coca Cola?
--
Martin

Vot about the rum to go with the C C

Not even rum can make CC drinkable.

--
Mike.

Old 29-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Mike

Vot about the rum to go with the C C

Not even rum can make CC drinkable.

Waste of good Rum

Old 29-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Mike Lyle" writes:

| Not even rum can make CC drinkable.

In my view, Cloaca Cola (with apologies to Raymond) is drinkable
provided that it is at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit colder than
the ambient temperature. And still liquid.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Harold Walker

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Harold Walker wrote:
I like South America, useful things may be discovered there.

Guinea
pigs were introduced here first as a source of food. Runner

beans,
OTOH, were first planted for the scarlet flowers.

and coca for Coca Cola?
--
Martin

Vot about the rum to go with the C C

Not even rum can make CC drinkable.

--
Mike.

perhaps not Mike but better than coke alone

Old 29-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Harold Walker

"Mike" wrote in message

Vot about the rum to go with the C C