Old 29-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Harold Walker

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Visited Taddy Ales Brewery a few years back and got a super recipe for
GROWING and using rhubarb from the head brewmaster who used to make
his own
'strong stuff'...now this is truly a gardening subject...up to now that
is......

gardening mode="continue"

My rhubarb, planted in the spring of 2004 as a crown about the size of a
small parsnip, no sticks pulled in 2004 and only sparingly pulled this
year.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/...n/rhubarb0.jpg

Taken a few weeks ago, it's spread a bit more since then...

--
Rusty

Looks good and healthy....makes a good rhubarb and pineapple jam

Old 29-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Harold Walker

..

Hey! I've been abroad! I've been to Wales...

Ducks and runs away, FAST.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

That is one up on me.....never been there but did kiss the Blarney stone

Old 29-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Harold Walker

A number of postings suggested I was not qualified re England of
today......seems as though others appear to be qualified re USA of
today....wonder why the difference....

No difference whatsoever. Other than that most posters on this group are
unable to recognise or take issue with misconceptions about the USA, so
it's
perhaps easier to get away with them here.

when I first came to the USA there was a tremendous difference in the living
standards re USA v England....that is when the USA was living of the fat of
the land overcharging the world for its goods as other nations were still
catching up from the ravages of war whereas the USA had been able to build
up a tremendous industrial capacity the likes of which was pure
amazement.....in my recent visit I could not tell any difference in quality
of living...England has done one hell of a job in catching up and in some
areas surpassing and would have done even better had it not been for the
'brain drain'.....back then I hardly ever saw an English person on these
shores except for immigrants and now they are like flies around
horsemanure.....we surely can use your money after the Bush spending spree
in Iraq and other places.

Old 29-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

/rhubarb/

Looks good and healthy....makes a good rhubarb and pineapple jam

Makes good everything, as long as it's supposed to be rhubarby.

Also cleans off rust stains from enamel saucepans if you boil the
leaves. Then, quietly sneaking past the EC Police, you use the
leaf-juice to destroy aphids.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 29-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message

| P & O R601 if anyone wants for track our course.

.. . . tracking . . . locked on . . . torpedoes away . . .

Oops! All a misunderstanding. I didn't mean that, really.

Another cruise-from-hell in store for ill-fated Aurora passengers.

Janet.

P&O forced to cancel Aurora voyage
Thursday, 20 Jan 2005 14:02

P&O has confirmed that the ill-fated Aurora is returning to Southampton
after engine trouble caused its Grand Voyage to be cancelled.

The cruise-ship should have set out on its 103-day around the world trip
on January 9 but has been suffering from persistent propulsion problems.

After days of repairs the £200 million liner set out last night for a
series of tests at sea, but it quickly became apparent that these had
failed.

P&O said in a statement: "P&O Cruises can confirm that tests conducted
at sea during the night have shown that the repairs to the propulsion
motor on board Aurora have not been successful enough to allow he to
achieve the required speed to complete the Grand Voyage and the ship is
now returning to Southampton."

It is expected to berth the Mayflower Terminal in Southampton at
midnight tonight.

The company now faces a huge bill as it refunds passengers their full
fare, some of which cost over £40,000, along with compensation of 25 per
cent of the amount paid for their holiday to be used as credit for a
future cruise holiday with P&O.

**The ship has been in the news for the wrong reasons before. It broke
down in the Bay of Biscay on her maiden voyage in 2000 and in October
2003 600 passengers and crew were affected by the norovirus. End of
story
Old 29-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Mike

P&O forced to cancel Aurora voyage
Thursday, 20 Jan 2005 14:02

P&O has confirmed that the ill-fated Aurora is returning to Southampton
after engine trouble caused its Grand Voyage to be cancelled.

:-))

That was the bad news the press loved to print, as they say, 'Bad News makes
news'

and since then?

Belgium
Gibralter
Sicily
Greece
Dalamatia
Italy
Majorca
Southampton
The Netherlands
Guernsey
Southampton
Spain
France
Italy
Sardinia
Majorca
Gibraltar
Southampton
The Baltic Capitals
Southampton
Norwegian Fjords
Spitsbergan
Southampton
Ireland
Greenland
Iceland
Norwegian Fjords
Southampton
Gibraltar
Messina
Greece
Today at Dubrovnic
Tomorrow Venice
http://www.pocruises.co.uk/ships/purplefinder/home.htm

Nothing gone wrong and nothing from the press :-))

Don't you just love people who only dig the dirt?

Next please.

:-))))))))))))))

Waiting.

:-))

Old 29-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Harold Walker

Also cleans off rust stains from enamel saucepans if you boil the
leaves. Then, quietly sneaking past the EC Police, you use the
leaf-juice to destroy aphids.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

must remember that and use instead of putting in compost heap

Old 29-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
[about rhubarb]
leaves. Then, quietly sneaking past the EC Police, you use the
leaf-juice to destroy aphids.

Info, please. I didn't know about this. Is it actually flat-out
verboten under all circumstances, or only commercially, or something?
(So many of these shock-hooorah-up-yours-delors deals seem to turn
out to be quite reasonable when you look at them at a safe distance
from the Daily Mail!)

--
Mike.

Old 29-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Mike Lyle

Mike wrote:
[Do quote properly, Mike. Janet wrote:]
P&O forced to cancel Aurora voyage
Thursday, 20 Jan 2005 14:02

[...]

That was the bad news the press loved to print, as they say, 'Bad
News makes news'

and since then?

Belgium

[...etc,
etc...]http://www.pocruises.co.uk/ships/purplefinder/home.htm

Nothing gone wrong and nothing from the press :-))

Don't you just love people who only dig the dirt?

Next please.

:-))))))))))))))

Waiting.

I know, I know. So let's try these headlines:

NOBODY KILLED -- OFFICIAL.
SHIP REACHES PORT WITHOUT INCIDENT.
60,000,000 BRITONS ENJOY WEEKEND.
NO EARTHQUAKE ANYWHERE THIS WEEK.
FLUFFY BUNNY HAS NORMAL DAY.
25,000 BLOKES CALLED MIKE HAVE NICE CUP OF TEA.

Now grip the reader's attention with 300 words and a picture on each.
Now do it every day for the rest of your career, pausing only to
convince the advertisers it'll sell to their target audience. (OK, I
grant you the last one's a bit of a shock, given that several of them
are journalists.)

Read all abaht it!

Mike (NUJ member).

Old 29-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
[about rhubarb]
leaves. Then, quietly sneaking past the EC Police, you use the
leaf-juice to destroy aphids.

Info, please. I didn't know about this. Is it actually flat-out
verboten under all circumstances, or only commercially, or something?
(So many of these shock-hooorah-up-yours-delors deals seem to turn
out to be quite reasonable when you look at them at a safe distance
from the Daily Mail!)

It's not a tested (by them) insecticide, making it verboten - as was
soap, until the suds began to fly. They can come and watch me at it as
far as I'm concerned.

Gits.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 29-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

(OK, I
grant you the last one's a bit of a shock, given that several of them
are journalists.)

Read all abaht it!

Oh ah? My great Grandfather was founder of the PA and editor of the
Daily Express - when it was a real newspaper.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 29-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Harold Walker

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these
words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
[about rhubarb]
leaves. Then, quietly sneaking past the EC Police, you use the
leaf-juice to destroy aphids.

Info, please. I didn't know about this. Is it actually flat-out
verboten under all circumstances, or only commercially, or something?
(So many of these shock-hooorah-up-yours-delors deals seem to turn
out to be quite reasonable when you look at them at a safe distance
from the Daily Mail!)

It's not a tested (by them) insecticide, making it verboten - as was
soap, until the suds began to fly. They can come and watch me at it as
far as I'm concerned.

Gits.
--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

simpleton's question....what method to extract the juice?...H