Old 29-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

/rhubarb leaves/

simpleton's question....what method to extract the juice?...H

Boil them and strain the fluid into a glass or plastic container. It
doesn't keep very long.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 30-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
[about rhubarb]
leaves. Then, quietly sneaking past the EC Police, you use the
leaf-juice to destroy aphids.

Info, please. I didn't know about this. Is it actually flat-out
verboten under all circumstances, or only commercially, or

something?
(So many of these shock-hooorah-up-yours-delors deals seem to turn
out to be quite reasonable when you look at them at a safe

distance
from the Daily Mail!)

It's not a tested (by them) insecticide, making it verboten - as

was
soap, until the suds began to fly. They can come and watch me at it

as
far as I'm concerned.

Gits.

But surely that only means you can't sell it as an insecticide. You
can put anything you like on your own private non-commercial plants,
if you can get it; but I don't want some snake-oil salesman selling
untested stuff to the public. Hell, it's bad enough that they sell
people shredders, tasteless tomatoes, and sweet peas that don't
smell.

--
Mike.

Old 30-07-2005, 12:23 AM
Harold Walker

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

/rhubarb leaves/

simpleton's question....what method to extract the juice?...H

Boil them and strain the fluid into a glass or plastic container. It
doesn't keep very long.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Do you know if it lasts longer via freezing? H

Old 30-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Mike

Now grip the reader's attention with 300 words and a picture on each.

My regards for the press in general is that it is 'gutter' journalism and
people on this newsgroup are well aware of who in my opinion goes into the
gutter.

However, we are talking of gutter press postings being added to this
newsgroup.

It would appear we have found another person to join the occupants of the
gutter.

Just for anyone's interest, one hell of a lot of people have re-booked for
the 2006 World Cruise. I know this because I am already talking to some of
them on a newsgroup I subscribe to. There was quite a discussion on Aurora
after her first cruise immediately after all the press and TV coverage and
one of the subscribers contacted the press and asked if they were going to
report on the recent successful Aurora Cruise, "If it went well we are not
interested" Yes the gutter press will only look for the bad news as I said
after Barrowcloth's posting. Perhaps she worked in the press once and has
been indoctrinated in their ways.

Mike

Old 30-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

But surely that only means you can't sell it as an insecticide. You
can put anything you like on your own private non-commercial plants,
if you can get it; but I don't want some snake-oil salesman selling
untested stuff to the public. Hell, it's bad enough that they sell
people shredders, tasteless tomatoes, and sweet peas that don't
smell.

I think you'll find that you are not permitted to use it in your garden
for that purpose.

Old 30-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

/rhubarb leaves/

simpleton's question....what method to extract the juice?...H

Boil them and strain the fluid into a glass or plastic container. It
doesn't keep very long.

Do you know if it lasts longer via freezing? H

Definitely. Indefinitely.

Old 30-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Harold Walker

:

/rhubarb leaves/

simpleton's question....what method to extract the juice?...H

Boil them and strain the fluid into a glass or plastic container. It
doesn't keep very long.

Do you know if it lasts longer via freezing? H

Definitely. Indefinitely.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

thanks..well worth making then...H

Old 30-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Mike

It's never been a real newspaper. You lose 200 credibility points.
--
Martin

What would you call 'a real newspaper'?

Old 30-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Mike

"P&O cruise ship sinks through gross over crowding. Millions drown"
--
Martin

Well they are very very popular now and booking very fast. One of the
contributors on the other newsgroup booked 'last' July for this coming
October.

Mike

Old 30-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

But surely that only means you can't sell it as an insecticide.

You
can put anything you like on your own private non-commercial

plants,
if you can get it; but I don't want some snake-oil salesman

selling
untested stuff to the public. Hell, it's bad enough that they sell
people shredders, tasteless tomatoes, and sweet peas that don't
smell.

I think you'll find that you are not permitted to use it in your
garden for that purpose.

Blimey! I'd love to read the relevant regs (or maybe I wouldn't!):
have you got a link handy?

--
Mike.

Old 30-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Mike

Cruise ships' main customers are single old
ladies.

And the moon is made of green cheese

Old 30-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Harold Walker

"Mike" wrote in message

It's never been a real newspaper. You lose 200 credibility points.
--
Martin

What would you call 'a real newspaper'?

How about the Telegraph and the Guardian?

Old 30-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

Oh ah? My great Grandfather was founder of the PA and editor of the
Daily Express - when it was a real newspaper.

It's never been a real newspaper. You lose 200 credibility points.

Oh yes it has. It's only since the war that it's joined the Dandy and the Sun.

Old 30-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Mike

What would you call 'a real newspaper'?

How about the Telegraph and the Guardian?

My father had a great disrespect for newspapers and what they wrote, (have
since discovered that they don't ever seem to want to publish a story of
'how it is', more 'how we see how it is') and he advised me to read the
Times and the Daily Worker and take the middle line, a bit extreme I fear.

A lovely story of my experience with the press was over a planning
application I made when I lived in Leicester. I had this large piece of land
and wanted to keep a few chickens on it, 'quite a few' :-)) and as I was
going to build this up slowely, I had the fear that a complaint might come
in when I had 'rather a lot' on there and would have to scrap them all, so I
applied to have a 'Poultry Farm' on the land. Planning made a visit and
didn't think I would get permission. OK, fine, rather know now. The press
got hold of it and a protest was organised. The press rang me up at the
office 'What are you going to do about the protest?' "What protest?" He told
me and I just said 'Oh well I won't do it then'. That bit never appeared in
the paper, just the protest :-)) That piece of land now holds tow blocks of
six one bedroomed Council Flats.

and I moved back to the Isle of Wight :-))

Mike

Old 30-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Mike

Oh yes it has. It's only since the war that it's joined the Dandy and the

Sun.

but the Sun rose a long time after the war ;-)