GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   veg to sow now (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/100820-veg-sow-now.html)

H Ryder 01-08-2005 11:06 AM

veg to sow now

Is there anything I can sow now (in Somerset) to eat over the winter? Can
anyone recommend a good book or web site with some kind of month-to-month
"what to plant/harvest" guide? TIA,
Hayley

[email protected] 01-08-2005 12:30 PM

H Ryder wrote:
Is there anything I can sow now (in Somerset) to eat over the winter? Can
anyone recommend a good book or web site with some kind of month-to-month
"what to plant/harvest" guide? TIA,
Hayley

August is a good time to sow onions, spring cabbages, swiss chard,
rocket and other salads, also chinese greens such as pak choi and
chinese cabbage.

I often look at the hdra website (what to do in your garden now) as a
guide.

sarah a

TheScullster 01-08-2005 02:16 PM

Sarah

Strongly recommend that you do not post with your corporate email address.
Spammers harvest addresses from NGs!
From someone who's made that mistake, set up a news account and use a
different spam protected address.
Otherwise in weeks/months you'll be spammed out of existence.#

Phil