GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lilies ?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/100837-lilies.html)

Oxymel of Squill 01-08-2005 05:07 PM

Lilies ??

A badly aimed spade went through a lily bulb last year. I broke it into 40
cloves and potted them up, half didn't make it but I have 20 nice little
plants getting root bound.

So, should I put them in bigger pots, or can I put them out in the garden
now?

thanks

Jon

Janet Baraclough 01-08-2005 08:02 PM

The message ws.net
from "Oxymel of Squill" contains these words:

A badly aimed spade went through a lily bulb last year.

I find it helps to mark the spot with a white stone or handful of gravel.

I broke it into 40
cloves and potted them up, half didn't make it but I have 20 nice little
plants getting root bound.

So, should I put them in bigger pots, or can I put them out in the garden
now?

Why not do half in bigger pots and half in the ground?

Janet.