GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lemon Tree Flies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/100920-lemon-tree-flies.html)

jpcoxell 03-08-2005 10:31 PM

Lemon Tree Flies

Hi

I have a lemon tree that doesn't seem to produce fruit. It seems to have very small lemons on it but then drops them as they are growing. The tree also has a large amount of small, silver flies in the soil. Could this be anything to do with the tree not producing fruit?

Please help

Thanks

pammyT 04-08-2005 12:33 PM

"jpcoxell" wrote in message

Hi

I have a lemon tree that doesn't seem to produce fruit. It seems to
have very small lemons on it but then drops them as they are growing.
The tree also has a large amount of small, silver flies in the soil.
Could this be anything to do with the tree not producing fruit?

Sounds like thrips. I don't think many plants like them. You could always
use a systemic insecticide watered in. I have a feeling you get them when
the soil is too damp. No doubt someome with more knowledge will corrcet me
if I am wrong.