Old 05-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Teleman

Default Powerful Enough Petrol Hedgetrimmer?

Blurb on the ad said:
"Duel action cutter that cuts up to 27mm thick, this makes it an ideal hedge
cutter for cutting thicker branches and hedges"
The engine is stated as a 25cm/3 whatever that means
I know little of these things, but 25cm seems puny for the job its supposed
to do (up to 27mm thick)

Any ideas/advice on this??

TIA
Teleman

Old 05-08-2005, 11:44 AM

Teleman wrote:
Blurb on the ad said:
"Duel action cutter that cuts up to 27mm thick, this makes it an ideal hedge
cutter for cutting thicker branches and hedges"
The engine is stated as a 25cm/3 whatever that means
I know little of these things, but 25cm seems puny for the job its supposed
to do (up to 27mm thick)

Well since it's a "Duel" action cutter then you presumably have to
swing it like a duelling sword for it to work.

More seriously though a 25cc engine will probably give you two or
three horsepower, quite sufficient to cut through a 1" branch if the
machine is well designed.

In general though a hedge cutter really only needs to be able to cut
up to half an inch or so. If you're cutting 1" branches then it's a
bit beyond 'hedge' cutting.

--
Chris Green

Old 05-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Draven

"Teleman" wrote in message
Blurb on the ad said:
"Duel action cutter that cuts up to 27mm thick, this makes it an ideal
hedge cutter for cutting thicker branches and hedges"
The engine is stated as a 25cm/3 whatever that means
I know little of these things, but 25cm seems puny for the job its
supposed to do (up to 27mm thick)

Any ideas/advice on this??

TIA
Telema

I have a McCulloch Tivoli 63 Petrol hedge trimmer.
It slices through any branch up to 27mm thick.
Awesome stuff!!

When other people are reaching for loppers I am not.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Teleman

"Draven" wrote in message

"Teleman" wrote in message
Blurb on the ad said:
"Duel action cutter that cuts up to 27mm thick, this makes it an ideal
hedge cutter for cutting thicker branches and hedges"
The engine is stated as a 25cm/3 whatever that means
I know little of these things, but 25cm seems puny for the job its
supposed to do (up to 27mm thick)

Any ideas/advice on this??

TIA
Telema

I have a McCulloch Tivoli 63 Petrol hedge trimmer.
It slices through any branch up to 27mm thick.
Awesome stuff!!

When other people are reaching for loppers I am not.

£150 from Argos - I'll get me coat !!!!!!!!!! )
Thanks for recommendation

Old 06-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Draven

"Teleman" wrote in message

"Draven" wrote in message

"Teleman" wrote in message
Blurb on the ad said:
"Duel action cutter that cuts up to 27mm thick, this makes it an ideal
hedge cutter for cutting thicker branches and hedges"
The engine is stated as a 25cm/3 whatever that means
I know little of these things, but 25cm seems puny for the job its
supposed to do (up to 27mm thick)

Any ideas/advice on this??

TIA
Telema

I have a McCulloch Tivoli 63 Petrol hedge trimmer.
It slices through any branch up to 27mm thick.
Awesome stuff!!

When other people are reaching for loppers I am not.

£150 from Argos - I'll get me coat !!!!!!!!!! )
Thanks for recommendation

Yeah! But it was delivery only when I got mine.

Old 06-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Teleman

"Draven" wrote in message
.uk...

"Teleman" wrote in message

"Draven" wrote in message

"Teleman" wrote in message
Blurb on the ad said:
"Duel action cutter that cuts up to 27mm thick, this makes it an ideal
hedge cutter for cutting thicker branches and hedges"
The engine is stated as a 25cm/3 whatever that means
I know little of these things, but 25cm seems puny for the job its
supposed to do (up to 27mm thick)

Any ideas/advice on this??

TIA
Telema

I have a McCulloch Tivoli 63 Petrol hedge trimmer.
It slices through any branch up to 27mm thick.
Awesome stuff!!

When other people are reaching for loppers I am not.

£150 from Argos - I'll get me coat !!!!!!!!!! )
Thanks for recommendation

Yeah! But it was delivery only when I got mine.

Just got one for £110 inc delivery (Ebay)

Old 06-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Broadback

Teleman wrote:
"Draven" wrote in message
.uk...

"Teleman" wrote in message

"Draven" wrote in message
.uk...

"Teleman" wrote in message

Blurb on the ad said:
"Duel action cutter that cuts up to 27mm thick, this makes it an ideal
hedge cutter for cutting thicker branches and hedges"
The engine is stated as a 25cm/3 whatever that means
I know little of these things, but 25cm seems puny for the job its
supposed to do (up to 27mm thick)

Any ideas/advice on this??

TIA
Telema

I have a McCulloch Tivoli 63 Petrol hedge trimmer.
It slices through any branch up to 27mm thick.
Awesome stuff!!

When other people are reaching for loppers I am not.

£150 from Argos - I'll get me coat !!!!!!!!!! )
Thanks for recommendation

Yeah! But it was delivery only when I got mine.

Just got one for £110 inc delivery (Ebay)

It is not the engine size that limits the size of branch it will cut as
much as the drive mechanism. My cutters were wrecked by a son who cut
through larger branches than it was designed for, as a result the cam
and cam follower was wrecked.

--
All replies to this email address are deleted on receipt.

Common sense, not common market.