GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rose query (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101039-rose-query.html)

tahiri 05-08-2005 03:28 PM

rose query

I've got a neglected rose bush six feet high by about two foot round. It's
pinkflowered, not many thorns, probably 'Queen Elizabeth'. It needs reducing
in height, but I've just cleared round it so I don't want to leave the job
until after the autumn gales. Its just finished flowering, so rather than
deadheading it I fancy taking at least a third off it now.
Opinions please?

Kay 05-08-2005 10:36 PM

In article , tahiri
writes
I've got a neglected rose bush six feet high by about two foot round. It's
pinkflowered, not many thorns, probably 'Queen Elizabeth'. It needs reducing
in height, but I've just cleared round it so I don't want to leave the job
until after the autumn gales. Its just finished flowering, so rather than
deadheading it I fancy taking at least a third off it now.
Opinions please?

It won't hurt it.

Prune it again in either autumn or spring.
--
Kay