GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Power Devil Strimmer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101073-power-devil-strimmer.html)

MarshallLaw 06-08-2005 09:14 PM

Power Devil Strimmer

Hi all, I have a Power Devil HBL Mk1 Line Trimmer and need a new line
(reel?)-I bought it about a year ago but haven't seen it for sale anywhere
since, getting a spare line has become a bit of a needle/haystack
affair-anyone know where I could get another?? I tried to search for a
website for Power Devil and got www.powerdevilgardens.com, but it's
down.....thanks in advance.
George

Jaques d'Alltrades 06-08-2005 10:28 PM

The message
from "MarshallLaw" contains these words:

Hi all, I have a Power Devil HBL Mk1 Line Trimmer and need a new line
(reel?)-I bought it about a year ago but haven't seen it for sale anywhere
since, getting a spare line has become a bit of a needle/haystack
affair-anyone know where I could get another?? I tried to search for a
website for Power Devil and got www.powerdevilgardens.com, but it's
down.....thanks in advance.

Hmmm. There were 666 items in my urg pigeonhole,
and no 666 is a question about a Power Devil...
___
| |
| |
| |
| |
_________| |_________
| |
|_________ _________|
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
|___|

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Chris Hogg 07-08-2005 06:23 PM

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 21:14:26 +0100, "MarshallLaw"
wrote:

Hi all, I have a Power Devil HBL Mk1 Line Trimmer and need a new line
(reel?)-I bought it about a year ago but haven't seen it for sale anywhere
since, getting a spare line has become a bit of a needle/haystack
affair-anyone know where I could get another?? I tried to search for a
website for Power Devil and got www.powerdevilgardens.com, but it's
down.....thanks in advance.
George

I don't know the Power Devil strimmer in particular (AIUI it's a sort
of B&Q own brand; I have a PD drill), but my extremely cheap and
remarkably effective strimmer was from B&Q. When the line runs out (I
assume this is what you are referring to), you just buy a pack of
one-size-fits-all new line and re-wind your own onto the spool in the
head. Dismantling the head can be a bit fiddly, and mine has a spring
inside under the auto-feed button that leaps out and disappears if
you're not careful. One pack does several re-windings IME. B&Q sell
it.

--
Chris