GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   JCB GSB1800 Garden Shredder (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101110-jcb-gsb1800-garden-shredder.html)

John D 07-08-2005 05:52 PM

JCB GSB1800 Garden Shredder

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this shredder. I'm in the market for one and
saw this at Argos for £59.99. Is it a good buy, or too good to be true?

Thanks

John D

nambucca 07-08-2005 10:50 PM

"John D" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this shredder. I'm in the market for one

and
saw this at Argos for £59.99. Is it a good buy, or too good to be true?

Thanks

John D

If its the one I bought its useless ......i took it back

The old Alco ones were the best because they had blades plus a paddle thing
which ensured stuff went thru

newer versions only have blades which need to be replaced every year or more

Dave Liquorice 07-08-2005 11:38 PM

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:52:49 +0100, John D wrote:

Does anyone know anything about this shredder. I'm in the market for
one and saw this at Argos for =A359.99. Is it a good buy, or too good =

to be true?

Does it come with ear defenders? 'cause at that price level I expect
it to be high speed whirling blade type which are VERY NOISEY! The
shredders costing around =A3200 just crush and cut the material, far
quieter.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail