GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   trimming toms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101125-trimming-toms.html)

p.mc 08-08-2005 07:46 AM

trimming toms

Hi

This year I'm growing Alacante tomatoes (2 X plants in the mini greenhouse
in approx 30% topsoil / 70% compost..20ml of tomatorite to 4.5Ltrs of water
once a week)) and they are just starting to colour, now I've taken out side
shoots as they were growing and lopped the tops off after Approx 7 trusses,
but the leaves have yellow spots on one plant which I removed, and also at
the end of the weighted trusses, stems with flowers on are growing upwards
and I thought of them as side shoots and cut them off. Can someone advise me
if this was the right action to take?

" I know I should have asked first"
--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks