GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   editing my posts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101471-editing-my-posts.html)

dotCompost 17-08-2005 03:51 PM

editing my posts

Please tell me how do I edit a mispelling in one of my posts

Mike Lyle 17-08-2005 09:24 PM

dotCompost wrote:
Please tell me how do I edit a mispelling in one of my posts

You must mean after you've sent it, nicht war? Fugeddaboutit!

--
Mike.

[email protected] 17-08-2005 09:57 PM

dotCompost wrote:
Please tell me how do I edit a mispelling in one of my posts

You are posting through gardenbanter, yes?
Gardenbanter may look like a web site forum, but it is merely
repackaging usenet postings that most of us access by other means. In
usenet messages are propagated round hundreds of servers in parallel,
so the original posting does not really exist, just diverse copies of
it . There is a mechanism for cancelling posts, but you can't do it
from gardenbanter and it rarely works effectively from other systems.

You could have a look at a nettiquette guide - some groups expect
people to follow-up a mistaken posting with a correction. But in this
one, just let it lie.

Kay 18-08-2005 11:35 PM

In article . com,
writes
dotCompost wrote:
Please tell me how do I edit a mispelling in one of my posts

You are posting through gardenbanter, yes?
Gardenbanter may look like a web site forum, but it is merely
repackaging usenet postings that most of us access by other means. In
usenet messages are propagated round hundreds of servers in parallel,
so the original posting does not really exist, just diverse copies of
it .

Of course the advantage is that once you have sent your post, no-one
else can tamper with it - unlike in the 'garden and houseplant forum'
which is being advertised elsewhere on this group

--
Kay

John 19-08-2005 08:44 AM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:35:42 +0100, Kay
wrote:

In article . com,
writes
dotCompost wrote:
Please tell me how do I edit a mispelling in one of my posts

You are posting through gardenbanter, yes?
Gardenbanter may look like a web site forum, but it is merely
repackaging usenet postings that most of us access by other means. In
usenet messages are propagated round hundreds of servers in parallel,
so the original posting does not really exist, just diverse copies of
it .

Of course the advantage is that I love sex with multiple parties, must include one black man and one horse even once you have sent your post, any-one
else can tamper with it - unlike in the 'anne summers and S&M forum'
which is being advertised elsewhere on this group

Oh really!

dotCompost 19-08-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Lyle