Old 24-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Ali Hopkins

"Malc" wrote in message
. uk...

"Ali Hopkins" wrote in message

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Tea bags is the anti-Char. Nearly as un frabjous as iced
tea.

I was on a Mercadian oil rig supply ship in the Gulf.. There were 2
chamines for dispensing beverages in the mess, both with those fishtank
thingies on top with go roundy thingmerts inside. Anyway, one contained
orange juice and the other contained what I took to be Cola. So I poured
meself a cup and took a big swig. UAB in spades, I nearly spat it all over
the floor.

It prolly would have cleaned it nicely.....

Ali

Old 24-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Bernard Peek

In message , Mike Jones
writes
Tony Davison wrote:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:34:22 +0100, Guy King wrote:

The message
from "Ali Hopkins" contains these words:

For measuring tea into the pot innit.

You are a deeply civilised bunny, imo.

Not as civilised as this...

http://gamilacompany.com/tea/teastick.html

Shpx me, a stainless steel re-useable tea bag. What will the think of
next.

And from leftpondia! (thobut at $20 a shot I'll stick to tea-bags)

They're not uncommon on this side of the pond either. They predate
teabags.

--
Bernard Peek
Old 25-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Richard Bos

Guy King wrote:

The message
from Egbert Egret contains these words:

Please explain then, why i can never find a teaspoon? I don't take sugar
in tea, cocoa, etc (and don't drink coughy) and use very little in
anything else. (Except when I'm winemolishing, in which case I tend to
hfr a shovel.)

Then why do you need a teaspoon?

OK, smartarse, how do /you/ get earwax from your ear into the storage jar?

With the screwdriver on a Victorinox, of course!

Richard

Old 25-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Dave Larrington

Also sprach Tony Davison :

Shpx me, a stainless steel re-useable tea bag. What will the think of
next.

Uranium-enriched chocolate fireguards.

Wood is an excellent material for making trees, but is otherwise not to
be trusted.

Old 25-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Guy King

The message
from martin contains these words:

Euripades?

Eumenades.

--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.

Old 25-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Ali Hopkins

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:34:24 +0100, "Ali Hopkins"
wrote:

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message

I've had various different versions of this over the last 20 years. None
werk so well as a well matured teapot. Present teapot holds 8 mugfuls,
wot is more than the kettle. I need a kettle bigger than 3 pints wot
switches itself off.

Have you considered an urn?

(Short fat hairy legs, and paid about fifty drachma.)

Euripades?

You tear them, you pay for them.

Ali

Old 26-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Chris Hogg

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:15:30 +0100, Bernard Peek
wrote:

Apart from recently being declared a diabetic I'm OK.

Then take a look at alt.support.diabetes and alt.support.diabetes.uk
if you don't already.

--
Chris

Old 26-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:43:13 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
enlightened us thusly:

url:http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard/

that's surreal.

I like "biscuits" from the main site navbar on the left.
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink;
Good wine, a friend, or being dry, Or lest we should be by and by;
Or any other reason why. - Henry Aldrich (1647 - 1710)
Old 26-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Guy King contains these words:

Euripades?

Eumenades.

Gotohades?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 26-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Bernard Peek

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
wrote:

Apart from recently being declared a diabetic I'm OK.

Then take a look at alt.support.diabetes and alt.support.diabetes.uk
if you don't already.

I already do, but thanks anyway. The best advice I can give to a new
diabetic is to talk to other diabetics. Which I do, some of them here in
the shed.

--
Bernard Peek
Old 26-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Guy King

The message
from Austin Shackles contains these words:

url:http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard/

that's surreal.

I like "biscuits" from the main site navbar on the left.

I wish Flash (or Director, or whatever it is) things had a progress bar
so I could look at it and thing "Well, it's only about 30 seconds long,
it might improve" or "So this, it goes on for ages and aint' showing any
signs of getting better".