Old 23-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Roger Hunt

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Nick Maclaren typed this :

In article ,
Roger Hunt writes:

| An excess of mass.
|
| Something some of us sheddi are all to keenly aware of. There are three
| of us who are careful not to stand too near each other at moots in case
| of forming a singularity.
|
| Hence the use of CC and PP as moderators, to absorb those excess
| Neutrons? And to fill those Black holes too.

Attempting to fill in a black hole tends to be a time-consuming
task.

The PP was invented and developed at CERN, for that very purpose.
And that's why Swiss physicists tend to be rosy-cheeked and rather
plump.
--
Roger Hunt
Old 23-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Malc

Nick Maclaren wrote:

Attempting to fill in a black hole tends to be a time-consuming
task.

Mmmmmm consuming

--
Malc

Old 23-08-2005, 03:58 PM
JonG

Guy King wrote:

An excess of mass.

Something some of us sheddi are all to keenly aware of. There are three
of us who are careful not to stand too near each other at moots in case
of forming a singularity.

Good thing that those Sheddi are not naturists, I guess.

--

JonG (Self -Preservation Society No. 37 3/4)

The Shed: A Shelter from Pigs on the Wing
Old 23-08-2005, 05:58 PM
WaltA

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:58:21 +0100, JonG wrote:
Guy King wrote:
Something some of us sheddi are all to keenly aware of. There are three
of us who are careful not to stand too near each other at moots in case
of forming a singularity.

Good thing that those Sheddi are not naturists, I guess.

:-)
Perish the thought !
A naked singularity in a shed !!

Might involve a renormalization ?
An infinitely preferable situation.

Old 23-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Guy King

The message
from JonG contains these words:

Something some of us sheddi are all to keenly aware of. There are three
of us who are careful not to stand too near each other at moots in case
of forming a singularity.

Good thing that those Sheddi are not naturists, I guess.

I can't get my brane round a naked singularity.

--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.

Old 23-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Ali Hopkins

Guy King wrote:
Something some of us sheddi are all to keenly aware of. There are three
of us who are careful not to stand too near each other at moots in case
of forming a singularity.

Good thing that those Sheddi are not naturists, I guess.

:-)
Perish the thought !
A naked singularity in a shed !!

Might involve a renormalization ?
An infinitely preferable situation.

Bring on the sonic screwdriver.

Ali

Old 23-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Ali Hopkins

"Bernard Peek" wrote in message
In message , Ali Hopkins
writes

And sometimes, posters drift in and out too.... I was here at the dawn of
urs and voted for it, too. Then, RL got heck tick. But I like it here, so
I'll waft across now and then.

Strange, the people you run into in the unlikeliest places.

Hiya. Are you well?

Ali

Old 23-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Guy King

The message
from "Ali Hopkins" contains these words:

Bring on the sonic screwdriver.

Mine's a pint.

Old 23-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message %VAOe.12345$g47.9087@trnddc07, Travis
writes
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message DGxOe.10628$g47.7290@trnddc07
from "Travis" contains
these words:

Even though I Googled for it I can't find how a paraffin
refrigerator works. Anyone?

Same as a gas one.

Since paraffin is a soild (isn't it) and gas is a gas I don't get
it.

'Paraffin' is a group of hydrocabons which includes solids through
to gases. The paraffin referred to is somewhere in the middle of
the group and is called kerosene in Transpondia.

Transpondia? When I Google that word I find something about bringing a
visitor or fiance to the UK.

This is getting really weird.

British understatement refers to the Atlantic Ocean (occasionally) as
The Pond, and hence to North America (more often) as Transpondia or
Leftpondia.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 23-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Bernard Peek

In message , Ali Hopkins
writes

"Bernard Peek" wrote in message
In message , Ali Hopkins
writes

And sometimes, posters drift in and out too.... I was here at the dawn of
urs and voted for it, too. Then, RL got heck tick. But I like it here, so
I'll waft across now and then.

Strange, the people you run into in the unlikeliest places.

Hiya. Are you well?

Well,....

Apart from recently being declared a diabetic I'm OK. Or, as the
Digestive said to the Rich Tea -- mustn't crumble.

--
Bernard Peek
Old 23-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Bernard Peek

In message , WaltA
writes
Guy King wrote:
Something some of us sheddi are all to keenly aware of. There are three
of us who are careful not to stand too near each other at moots in case
of forming a singularity.

Good thing that those Sheddi are not naturists, I guess.

:-)
Perish the thought !
A naked singularity in a shed !!

Pull those pink checky curtains immediately!

--
Bernard Peek