Old 26-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Trunky

Default Aristolochia gigantea

I have a plant of Aristolochia gigantea in a 12"pot, it's now very vigourous
and needs more space. I am thinking of moving it into a bigger pot in my
(relatively) unheated conservatory which is in Bristol in the SW uk, frost
are rare here, I wonder how the plant will get on? I hear conflicting
evidence that Aristolochia gigantea is ok to 28F (slightly sub zero). I grow
many cacti in an unheated greenhouse and so this may be possible. The
conservatory is North facing on a single storey extension and is shaded by
external bamboo blinds to make it tolerable in the summer otherwise it is
simply too hot.

What are your thoughts on this?

low price HL1 & HL2 servers for rental
10 player private clanserver 12 quid!!
http://www.stressed-out.org - for details or #stressed on quakenet
CS Public #1, 195.242.236.6:27015 ff=on, awp=off trial public server

Old 26-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Trunky" wrote in message
. uk...
I have a plant of Aristolochia gigantea in a 12"pot, it's now very

vigourous
and needs more space. I am thinking of moving it into a bigger pot in my
(relatively) unheated conservatory which is in Bristol in the SW uk, frost
are rare here, I wonder how the plant will get on? I hear conflicting
evidence that Aristolochia gigantea is ok to 28F (slightly sub zero). I

grow
many cacti in an unheated greenhouse and so this may be possible. The
conservatory is North facing on a single storey extension and is shaded by
external bamboo blinds to make it tolerable in the summer otherwise it is
simply too hot.

What are your thoughts on this?

Mine survived winter in an unheated conservatory but got eaten by snails and
I lost it while small.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Aristolochia seed $B32 Plant Biology 3 24-06-2009 07:12 AM
Aristolochia Tony D United Kingdom 5 16-08-2008 11:47 PM
Aristolochia Sipho (_Dutchman's Pipe_) Tina Morris United Kingdom 0 02-06-2008 01:34 AM
PEST`s in Aristolochia MercedesKeller United Kingdom 1 12-12-2002 07:52 AM