GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT - but has gardening info! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101883-ot-but-has-gardening-info.html)

JennyC 26-08-2005 06:13 AM

OT - but has gardening info!

A friend sent me this URL for the 'Farmers Almanac"

It says its 27 days till Autumn - pffffff - went out this morning and it smells
really autumnal already.
I like autumn, but it should come AFTER summer.............:~(

http://www.almanac.com/index.php

It is American but had gems like the tide tables for middle America !
There's also a seed swap page under the gardening section.

--
Jenny
(Rotterdam the Netherlands)

Mike 26-08-2005 08:57 AM

It is American but had gems like the tide tables for middle America !

Jenny that is not as daft as it may sound. The Hughes Corporation I think it
was, designed a measuring instrument which could measure the Sun and the
Moon's 'tidal pull' on the surface of a cup of tea :-)) They therefore
proved that 'any' surface of water has a tidal 'flow'.

"Hurry up Johnny and drink your Orange Juice or the tide will come in and
spill it down your nice clean tee shirt"

Mike