GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tree-fern question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101949-tree-fern-question.html)

Duncan 27-08-2005 06:39 PM

tree-fern question

I have a Dicksonia antarctica fern which is a few years old, growing well in
a pot with about 4 inches of distinct trunk now. For a couple of years there
have also been some fronds emerging from the soil to one side of the main
trunk, and I'm wondering whether they would divide and give me a new plant
without damaging the parent - if so, is there a "best" time to divide them
off, and would it be best to leave them to reach a certain size first ?

thanks,

Duncan