GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden New Free seeds Runner Beans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/102025-garden-new-free-seeds-runner-beans.html)

Trevor Appleton 29-08-2005 08:58 PM

Garden New Free seeds Runner Beans

Has anyone esle sown the free seeds from Garden News which as far as I can
remember were supposed to be non-climbing runner beans.

This is a new direction for me as I normally sow climbing french beans.

However, they are in the polytunnel under tomatoes and are try to CLIMB the
tomatoes.

has anyone else found this?

Janet Tweedy 29-08-2005 11:32 PM

In article , Trevor
Appleton writes
Has anyone esle sown the free seeds from Garden News which as far as I can
remember were supposed to be non-climbing runner beans.

This is a new direction for me as I normally sow climbing french beans.

However, they are in the polytunnel under tomatoes and are try to CLIMB the
tomatoes.

has anyone else found this?

Yes mine went very straggly searching for somewhere to climb in the
raised bed!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy