GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery Flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/102046-mystery-flower.html)

DavidR 30-08-2005 10:07 AM

Mystery Flower

Hi,

My mother came across this flower recently while in Somerset. She remarked how she would love some in her garden, and since it's her birthday coming up i thought i'd get some for her. The trouble is, i have no idea what the plant is called.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks a lot.

Philippe Gautier 30-08-2005 03:25 PM

DavidR wrote:
Hi,

My mother came across this 'flower' (http://tinyurl.com/9jn6y) recently
while in Somerset. She remarked how she would love some in her garden,
and since it's her birthday coming up i thought i'd get some for her.
The trouble is, i have no idea what the plant is called.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Looks to me like Sedum spurium

http://www.robsplants.com/portrait.php?plantid=148

or

http://www.bethchatto.co.uk/plant%20portraits%20s/sedum%20spurium%20'atropurpureum'.jpg

DavidR 30-08-2005 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philippe Gautier
Hi,

Looks to me like Sedum spurium

http://www.robsplants.com/portrait.php?plantid=148

or

http://www.bethchatto.co.uk/plant%20portraits%20s/sedum%20spurium%20'atropurpureum'.jpg

Hi,

Thanks very much for your reply, and yes those flowers look a lot like the ones in the picture i provided. I'm quite the gardening novice, so i'm a bit concerned the 'pods' in the centre of the flower in my picture aren't present in the ones you linked to. Would this be due to the time of day/year?

I'm sorry for the question, but like i say i don;t know much about the garden.

Thanks a lot.