GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White Clover (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/10223-white-clover.html)

Rocket 12-03-2003 05:32 PM

White Clover

What is the best way to remove this from my lawn? I have a Verdone product
that I was going to try but I have a cat and am worried about it affecting
him since he likes chewing grass.

--
Rocket
MCSA

Stewart Robert Hinsley 14-03-2003 08:53 AM

White Clover

In article , Rocket
writes
What is the best way to remove this from my lawn? I have a Verdone product
that I was going to try but I have a cat and am worried about it affecting
him since he likes chewing grass.

Lawn rakers are fairly effective at removing white clover from a lawn.
(It's the lawn weed I'm least bothered about, and it's also the lawn
weed - except perhaps moss - best controlled by lawn rakers.)

I've read that white clover leaves a large seed bank behind, so whatever
you do it's likely to come back.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley