Old 14-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Jane Lumley

Default Favourite gardening magazine?

What's your favourite gardening magazine? I like The English Garden -
lovely pictures.
--
Jane Lumley
Old 14-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Jack

Garden Weekly. It's like a newspaper, it's not terribly pretty, it's not
glossy, but it has really good information in it and it's not expensive.

Old 14-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Zizz

"Jack" wrote in message
Garden Weekly. It's like a newspaper, it's not terribly pretty, it's not
glossy, but it has really good information in it and it's not expensive.

"Jane Lumley" wrote in message
What's your favourite gardening magazine? I like The English Garden -
lovely pictures.
--
Jane Lumley

Yes gardeners weekly though they've changed the format recently which I'm
trying to get used to!

Old 14-03-2003, 10:35 PM

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:13:18 +0000, Jane Lumley
wrote:

What's your favourite gardening magazine? I like The English Garden -
lovely pictures.

The Kitchen Garden. It's about the stuff I'm interested in.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk
Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Sarah Dale

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:38:28 +0000, m wrote:

The Kitchen Garden. It's about the stuff I'm interested in.

Ah! I'd heard about this one. Could someone describe it for me? I'm
currently on a one years subscription to Organic Gardener (as a birthday
present), and although I like it, it is not a lot of magazine for the
money paid for it. I was wondering whether to swap over to The Kitchen
Garden at my next birthday! Most of my gardening is of the utility
sort, but as some of you know, I built myself a kitchen garden 18 months
ago, and I'm now approaching my second season of growing fruit and veg
organically.

TIA

Sarah

Old 16-03-2003, 11:44 AM
flake

"Sarah Dale" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:38:28 +0000, m wrote:

The Kitchen Garden. It's about the stuff I'm interested in.

Ah! I'd heard about this one. Could someone describe it for me? I'm
currently on a one years subscription to Organic Gardener (as a birthday
present), and although I like it, it is not a lot of magazine for the
money paid for it. I was wondering whether to swap over to The Kitchen
Garden at my next birthday! Most of my gardening is of the utility
sort, but as some of you know, I built myself a kitchen garden 18 months
ago, and I'm now approaching my second season of growing fruit and veg
organically.

Hi Sarah,
I subscribe to the Kitchen Garden magazine and find it very useful. They
cover the latest in techniques (organic gets equal if not more coverage than
trad methods), varieties, have decent offers (blight-resistant outdoor
tomato seeds from France, money-off voucher for seed orders from T&M and
cheap rootrainers have been 3 I've taken up this year so far) and a good
section on what to do when. They also have a section on chickens and have
covered bee-keeping in the past. The only downside is that it's not readily
available in smaller newsagents so if you want to get a copy before subbing,
you may need to visit a decent-sized branch of WH Smiths or equivalent. It
comes out at the beginning of the month - the current issue is April, the
May issue is out on the 3rd April (usual magazine calendar logic). They
have a web site too:

http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/

HTH; no affiliation - just a satisified customer !
Cheers, Diane

Old 16-03-2003, 09:08 PM

The only downside is that it's not readily
available in smaller newsagents

Guess I was lucky then as I discovered this last year in my small local
newsagent. I need to subscribe to it, when I have a few minutes spare....

Best,

- h

Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Sarah Dale

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:34:24 +0000, flake wrote:

I subscribe to the Kitchen Garden magazine and find it very useful. They
cover the latest in techniques (organic gets equal if not more coverage than
trad methods), varieties, have decent offers (blight-resistant outdoor
HTH; no affiliation - just a satisified customer !

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the info and website address - I shall go and have a look! Must
admit this is advance planning - my birthday is not till September!!! ;-)

Sarah
Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:59:05 +0000, "Sarah Dale"
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:38:28 +0000, m wrote:

The Kitchen Garden. It's about the stuff I'm interested in.

Ah! I'd heard about this one. Could someone describe it for me?

You should be able to find it in the larger WHS - I used to buy it in
the Arndale, Manchester, branch before I took out a subscription.
Definitely worth a look.