GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   finding grafting sealers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/104173-finding-grafting-sealers.html)

beesmaster 03-09-2005 12:09 AM

finding grafting sealers

hi peeps , does anybody know where i can get grafting wax or anything alike i can use other than expensive bonsai products.

Brian 03-09-2005 07:16 PM

--
beesmaster

________
It's usually available from larger garden centres. Grafting tape is
also needed.
Grafting is usually done in the spring~~ budding [not needing wax] in
summer. Both need the tape.
Wax is a real pig to work with. The temp. has to be just right and it's
really sticky.
If I ever need to feel how unable I am at the art, then I watch
professional women budding roses~~ quite unbelievable!! I do a dozen or so a
year~~ they seem to achieve that in a couple if minutes.
Best Wishes Brian.

cineman 03-09-2005 09:16 PM

use raffia thats what ive done with roses, and its been used for numerous
years
incidentally fireworks going off by me now and frightened young fox hes
sqealing like mad
off topic i know but still.
regards
Cineman

beesmaster 03-09-2005 09:28 PM

thanx brian, an old freind of mine gave me some grafting wax today and a good tip he said use hemp string or raffia dipped in the wax for wip style grafting ,what a genius!

J Jackson 05-09-2005 02:34 PM

beesmaster wrote:

: hi peeps , does anybody know where i can get grafting wax or anything
: alike i can use other than expensive bonsai products.

I've found it in the largest garden centre in our area. A tin lasts me and
my amateur fruit grafting attempts for many years.