GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cleaning off plant sap (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/104323-cleaning-off-plant-sap.html)

jw 1111 06-09-2005 09:55 AM

cleaning off plant sap

i have a few fir trees in pots which i have to move about occaisionally. i
nearly always get that incredibly sticky sap on my hands from the trunk
which is so difficult to clean off.

the best way i have found so far is to use a pumice stone with scouring
cream. has anyone a better solution please?

Nick Maclaren 06-09-2005 10:03 AM

In article ,
"jw 1111" writes:

| i have a few fir trees in pots which i have to move about occaisionally. i
| nearly always get that incredibly sticky sap on my hands from the trunk
| which is so difficult to clean off.
|
| the best way i have found so far is to use a pumice stone with scouring
| cream. has anyone a better solution please?

No. The solvent to use is methylated spirit.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.