Old 06-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Kase

Default Organic matter in South Manchester

Does anyone know of a supplier of cheap organic matter for the garden in South Manchester (Stockport) or who would deliver to this area. I'm looking for mushroom compost preferably, or another sterile compost or manure to put down really thickly on my heavy clay soil - about 10 tonnes needed (20 cubic metres). I was told about a company over in Liverpool who would deliver mushroom compost for about £120 all in for 10 tonnes, but the person who told me didn't have their contact details.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Kase

--
Great ringtones, games and wallpapers for your mobile
http://www.funkibug.co.uk/

Remove YOURPANTS before replying
Old 07-09-2005, 12:43 AM
MrBlueSkye

"Kase" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know of a supplier of cheap organic matter for the garden in South Manchester (Stockport) or who would deliver to this area. I'm looking for mushroom compost preferably, or another sterile compost or manure to put down really thickly on my heavy clay soil - about 10 tonnes needed (20 cubic metres). I was told about a company over in Liverpool who would deliver mushroom compost for about £120 all in for 10 tonnes, but the person who told me didn't have their contact details.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Kase

Shame you didn't ask that question 4/5 years ago Alligator mill in Stockport grew mushrooms in volume and spent compost was free for the taking by the ton (pulled down now). I've heard that one of the mills up Leyland way still do volume mushroom growing and have tonnage galore of spent compost. Best place to be sure is to ask on uk.business.agriculture they're a knowledgable lot and helpful too. If anyone will know it'll be someone on there.
MBS
Old 09-09-2005, 11:27 PM
nambucca

Remove YOURPANTS before replying

Breweries used to be happy to deliver lorry loads of spent hops for free

Local Sewage works used to deliver treated sewage ..........sounds awful but actually its safe and very good

See Yellow Pages for Livery stables etc they usually will be glad of anyone taking horse poo and stable stuff away

all the above will massively improve clay soil over the winter
Old 10-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Kase

Thanks folks. Guess I'll have to keep looking - the stables round here have all cottoned on to selling their toxic waste for £1.50 or more per standard sack full rather than being happy for anyone to take it away for nought !

Kase

Old 28-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Registered User

Smile

Hi, you can gladly have ALL our muck heap for FREE! we are in hazel grove in stockport. email me at and we can arrange it.

Nicola