Old 07-09-2005, 10:57 AM
john

Default "Seedless Tomatoes"

Browsing through a clipart.binaries newsgroup
last evening I spotted an illustration of a
"seedless tomato."

Has anyone tried them and what were/are
the results? Also what was the source?

Thank you.

John
==========================
Old 07-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Oxymel of Squill

Browsing through a clipart.binaries newsgroup
last evening I spotted an illustration of a
"seedless tomato."

Has anyone tried them and what were/are
the results? Also what was the source?

and how do they reproduce? Is there an eternal vine somewhere?

Old 07-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Kay

In article ws.net,
Oxymel of Squill writes
Browsing through a clipart.binaries newsgroup
last evening I spotted an illustration of a
"seedless tomato."

Has anyone tried them and what were/are
the results? Also what was the source?

and how do they reproduce? Is there an eternal vine somewhere?

By cuttings presumably. Many garden varieties do not come true from seed
and have to be propagated vegetatively. And of course we are used to
eating both seedless grapes and seedless bananas.

--
Kay

Old 07-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Brian

"john" wrote in message
Browsing through a clipart.binaries newsgroup
last evening I spotted an illustration of a
"seedless tomato."

Has anyone tried them and what were/are
the results? Also what was the source?

Thank you.

John

Tomato is an annual. They can be made to produce seedless fruits by
treating with some of the synthetic auxins. This causes the fruit to develop
without pollination.
However, several of the modern vars. are almost seedless and the trouble
to avoid pollination would seem to be pointless.
Seedless perennials are easily propagated by grafts or cuttings etc.
Best Wishes Brian