GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   G.World Annual Dahlias Trial (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/104373-g-world-annual-dahlias-trial.html)

capstan 07-09-2005 11:40 AM

G.World Annual Dahlias Trial

I was lucky enough to get a packet of seeds in the Gardeners World dahlia
trials and have been very pleased with the results.
We received Thompson & Morgans Bishops Children mixed, and some of them are
truly magnificent, well worth repeating next year.
I was wondering about saving seed from particular favourites.
Does anyone know whether this variety is a F1 hybrid or will the seeds come
true to type ?
Best Regards

Scotia 07-09-2005 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capstan
I was wondering about saving seed from particular favourites.
Does anyone know whether this variety is a F1 hybrid or will the seeds come
true to type ?
Best Regards

The chances are they will not come 'true to type'

However; you will probably find that most of them, if not all, will have formed tubers.

These can be stored till spring in a frost free place then cuttings can be taken in early spring.

This is the best way of ensuring you get a replica of the parent.

To save me a lot of typing you can have a look in to my website for further information.; http://thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/