GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   No name please help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/104518-no-name-please-help.html)

Glittery Gary 11-09-2005 01:56 PM

No name please help

http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/NoName.htm

Leaves close at night (in low light they droop down)

Flowers 80% of the time

Likes plenty water

CK 11-09-2005 02:28 PM

"Glittery Gary" wrote in message
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/NoName.htm

Leaves close at night (in low light they droop down)

Flowers 80% of the time

Likes plenty water

Lovely thing ~ it is Oxalis triangularis also called Purple Shamrock.
see the following links

http://www.mytho-fleurs.com/images/f...iangularis.JPG

http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/...ris&CAN=LATIND

Chris in Somerset

Staszek 11-09-2005 03:13 PM

Hi!
Do you plant it only on a window?
I have it potted in the shade of the garden and it looks much better
then I've seen on a window.
Our climate in Poland is a little bit harder then yours, but it grows
:)

Hello from Cracow to everyone! I hope you dom't mind that I'm not from
The Islands.
Staszek Nowak
+Cracow
Poland

[email protected] 11-09-2005 03:16 PM

Will certainly grow outside in the UK. Mine has been growing and
flowering outside for 4 years now, planted in the soil.

mike

Glittery Gary 11-09-2005 03:38 PM

"Glittery Gary" wrote in message
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/NoName.htm

Leaves close at night (in low light they droop down)

Flowers 80% of the time

Likes plenty water

thanks all..........we do have it potted in our conservatory and its
thriving............remembering to keep it well watered