GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Nemotoids - for Crane (Daddy Long Legs) infestation ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/104606-nemotoids-crane-daddy-long-legs-infestation.html)

paulfoel 13-09-2005 10:03 AM

Nemotoids - for Crane (Daddy Long Legs) infestation ?

Had a bit of trouble with this this year so have decided to do
something about it.

Heard of Nemotoids which, apparently, eat the larvae or whatever before
they hatch and wreck your lawn.

Anybody got any experience? Any good?

Best/cheapest place to get them? (Seen them for about =A320 so far).

cineman 13-09-2005 01:48 PM

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seed...fo.htm#Leather

http://www.greengardener.co.uk/leatherj.htm

http://www.bio.scarletts.co.uk/html/Leatherjacket.html

http://www.angliangardener.co.uk/gre...herjackets.htm

http://www.pan-uk.org/lap/alt~dir/leatherjackets.htm this gives to various
sites for nematodes

http://www.greenworm.co.uk/leatherjackets.htm

just found these on internet, You may just be in time to treat now, the
price doesnt seem to vary much about £18 to £20 for 100m2
One site suggests watering patch then cover with black polythene leave for a
day then pick up grubs and feed to birds, two benefits for the price of
one.....
regards
Cineman

"paulfoel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Had a bit of trouble with this this year so have decided to do
something about it.

Heard of Nemotoids which, apparently, eat the larvae or whatever before
they hatch and wreck your lawn.

Anybody got any experience? Any good?

Best/cheapest place to get them? (Seen them for about £20 so far).

tenchman 14-09-2005 10:47 PM

Hi Group,
I have similar problems in my veg patch.

Is it safe to use nemotodes on the vegies whilst they are growing or will
they make the vegies inedible?

David.

oups.com...