Old 16-03-2003, 10:20 AM
hedgehog

Default Urban fox

One of my new neighbours has taken to trying to dig its way under my garden
shed - presumably with an eye to giving birth. As the shed is on slabs and
hardcore it isn't having much success. It is, however, persistent. I fill
in the holes, it digs them out again. I have tried ramming sharp sticks
into the ground with some success but the fox is getting desperate & has dug
holes for what must be the fourth time in the last month. Any other
suggestions that aren't too obtrusive ?

Old 16-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Derek Turner

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:38:47 -0000, "hedgehog"
wrote:

One of my new neighbours has taken to trying to dig its way under my garden
shed - presumably with an eye to giving birth. As the shed is on slabs and
hardcore it isn't having much success. It is, however, persistent. I fill
in the holes, it digs them out again. I have tried ramming sharp sticks
into the ground with some success but the fox is getting desperate & has dug
holes for what must be the fourth time in the last month. Any other
suggestions that aren't too obtrusive ?

12-bore

--
Derek Turner

Outlook Express is worth precisely what you paid for it.
Old 16-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:38:47 -0000, hedgehog wrote:

One of my new neighbours has taken to trying to dig its way under my garden
shed - presumably with an eye to giving birth. As the shed is on slabs and
hardcore it isn't having much success. It is, however, persistent. I fill
in the holes, it digs them out again. I have tried ramming sharp sticks
into the ground with some success but the fox is getting desperate & has dug
holes for what must be the fourth time in the last month. Any other
suggestions that aren't too obtrusive ?

Provide a proper whelping box?

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 17-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Alan Holmes

"hedgehog" wrote in message
One of my new neighbours has taken to trying to dig its way under my

garden
shed - presumably with an eye to giving birth. As the shed is on slabs

and
hardcore it isn't having much success. It is, however, persistent. I

fill
in the holes, it digs them out again. I have tried ramming sharp sticks
into the ground with some success but the fox is getting desperate & has

dug
holes for what must be the fourth time in the last month. Any other
suggestions that aren't too obtrusive ?

Soak some pieces of rag in Renadine and put those around the garden, the fox
will give up trying.

Alan