Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Algae on polytunnel

I have this problem. I tried scrubbing with a broom, but I need to
get a lot of water on and the algae were pretty adhesive. Is there
a way of loosening them without damaging the polythene? I am inclined
to try dilute bleach.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679
Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

That is what I used to use for the 'problem'..no longer use as no longer
have a polytunnel.

HW

Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

I have this problem. I tried scrubbing with a broom, but I need to
get a lot of water on and the algae were pretty adhesive. Is there
a way of loosening them without damaging the polythene? I am inclined
to try dilute bleach.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,

That's what we use, extended kitchen floor mop for the sides and a bit of
string over the tunnel with an old towel in the middle for the top (does
require cooperative wife!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk