Old 16-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Mike Hunter

Default Help with climber seedlings

How do people keep climber seedlings under control ?

Withouy stakes to climb they tie themseves in knots. Give them stakes and
they immediately prefer their neighbour's stake - and still get tied up in
knots!

My Mina Lobata seedlings are just reaching the naughty stage now. Lots more
seeds to go in tomorrow - morning glory, chilean etc. etc. so in a few weeks
time I'll have tendrills everywhere.

Thanks

Mike

Old 16-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Dwayne

Go out once or twice a day and help them go around the stake they are
supposed to go up. I secure them with trash bag ties, or the ones like
grocery stores put out for you to use after putting produce in plastic bags.

Have fun. Dwayne

Old 16-03-2003, 10:20 AM
JennyC

"Mike Hunter" wrote in message
How do people keep climber seedlings under control ?

Withouy stakes to climb they tie themseves in knots. Give them

stakes and
they immediately prefer their neighbour's stake - and still get tied

up in
knots!

My Mina Lobata seedlings are just reaching the naughty stage now.

Lots more
seeds to go in tomorrow - morning glory, chilean etc. etc. so in a

few weeks
time I'll have tendrills everywhere.

Thanks
Mike

I find myself wondering why I have never had this problem ??

I put two or three seeds in each 4" pot and add stakes as they start
to grow.........I then space the pots out a bit as they start to get
bigger.

Maybe you could put lower growing things in rows between the climbers
?
Or use some type of semi rigid clear plastic between them ?

Jenny