Old 18-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Jay Hendry

Default Mantis mini cultivator - clay soil/lawn aeration

Hi

We have a heavy clay soil under the spare topsoil and consequently a lawn
that suffers from a lack of good drainage. I've spent some time with a fork
trying to aerate it but it doesn't do my back any good, also the borders
seem to be pretty much rock solid when the ground dries out.

We need to get some organic matter into the borders and sand into the lawn
to help drain it but if I can preserve my back along the way I might be
able to enjoy the end result.

On to the topic of the post - having seen these advertised and that they
have a lawn aeration tool has anyone any experience of how well they work?
Also if used in borders on a hard clay soil - aren't they just going to
bounce about on the top? I know the website claims wonders but they would.

Some candid comments from anyone who has experienced these please.

Thanks

Jay