GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Jasminum Officinale (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/107298-jasminum-officinale.html)

Gilly 22-09-2005 05:01 PM

Jasminum Officinale

My common jasmine has outgrown its allotted space and it's flopping about
all over the place, especially when it's windy. I know it should really be
cut back only in spring, but I don't want it to get blown about in the
winter so, can it be cut back now?

Thanks.

Nick Maclaren 22-09-2005 06:06 PM

In article ,
Gilly wrote:
My common jasmine has outgrown its allotted space and it's flopping about
all over the place, especially when it's windy. I know it should really be
cut back only in spring, but I don't want it to get blown about in the
winter so, can it be cut back now?

Yes. Don't cut it back too hard, as it may die back a little,
but you can prune the thing pretty harshly at any time of year.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.