GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   So what needs planting from seed this month (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/107700-so-what-needs-planting-seed-month.html)

Connor T 04-10-2005 05:49 PM

So what needs planting from seed this month

Hi,

What should I be planting in seed trays this month? Interested in veg
as well as next years bedding / perennials ( got a whole new garden to
stock! )

Thanks!
Dan

Bob Hobden 04-10-2005 10:17 PM

"Connor T" wrote
What should I be planting in seed trays this month? Interested in veg
as well as next years bedding / perennials ( got a whole new garden to
stock! )

In seed trays, not anything in the veg line but you should already have your
Garlic planted, and you could plant Broad Beans although we always left them
until end Jan when we used to grow them. (before I realised I didn't like
them!)

--
Regards
Bob

shazzbat 04-10-2005 10:20 PM

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Connor T" wrote
What should I be planting in seed trays this month? Interested in veg
as well as next years bedding / perennials ( got a whole new garden to
stock! )

In seed trays, not anything in the veg line but you should already have

your
Garlic planted, and you could plant Broad Beans although we always left

them
until end Jan when we used to grow them. (before I realised I didn't like
them!)

Also not in seed trays, you can start off some onion sets.
( you could start them off in seed trays, but I prefer one to a pot).

Steve

cineman 05-10-2005 12:14 AM

Sweet peas in pots or root trainers?

there ar other hardy perennials you could plant now but would be better with
some protection
will send a small list tomorrow (sorry) later today.
regards
Cineman
oups.com...

Janet Tweedy 05-10-2005 08:56 AM

The web site Nickys Nursery has a wonderful calendar that shows when to
sow seeds month by month.
http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seed...s/calendar.htm

have bought from this place before and found it very efficient.
janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Steve Harris 05-10-2005 12:54 PM

In article , (Bob Hobden)
wrote:

and you could plant Broad Beans

Not all varieties are suitable for Autumn sowing. Check the packet.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Bertie Doe 05-10-2005 10:01 PM

"Connor T" wrote in message
Hi,
What should I be planting in seed trays this month? Interested in veg
as well as next years bedding / perennials ( got a whole new garden to
stock! )

Spring onions are ok but check on variety. 'White Lisbon' is favourite.
Bertie

JP in Lon 06-10-2005 01:06 AM

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

"Connor T" wrote in message
Hi,
What should I be planting in seed trays this month? Interested in veg
as well as next years bedding / perennials ( got a whole new garden to
stock! )

Spring onions are ok but check on variety. 'White Lisbon' is favourite.
Bertie

Garlic too.

--
J.P. in London.

JP in Lon 06-10-2005 01:08 AM

"JP in Lon" wrote in message
"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

"Connor T" wrote in message
Hi,
What should I be planting in seed trays this month? Interested in veg
as well as next years bedding / perennials ( got a whole new garden to
stock! )

Spring onions are ok but check on variety. 'White Lisbon' is favourite.
Bertie

Garlic too.

Sorry, didn't see it was already mentioned.

--
J.P. in London.

Bertie Doe 14-10-2005 11:04 PM

"JP in Lon" wrote in message
"JP in Lon" wrote in message
"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

"Connor T" wrote in message
Hi,
What should I be planting in seed trays this month? Interested in veg
as well as next years bedding / perennials ( got a whole new garden
stock! )

Spring onions are ok but check on variety. 'White Lisbon' is favourite.
Bertie

Garlic too.

Sorry, didn't see it was already mentioned.

It repeats on me too.
BD