GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wotsit? Volunteer flowers... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/107780-wotsit-volunteer-flowers.html)

Jaques d'Alltrades 07-10-2005 12:26 PM

Wotsit? Volunteer flowers...

I planted four tamarind beans in some reclaimed peat, and a rash of
seedlings appeared, and as I didn't recognise them, I let them grow.

They have started to bloom, and I still don't know what they are. The
open ones are yellow, but a number of magenta buds are not far behind.

Anyone care to identify them for me, please?

(The orange ones are begonias - even I know that...)

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/wotsit001.jpg
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/wotsit002.jpg

--
Rusty

Cat(h) 07-10-2005 03:29 PM

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
I planted four tamarind beans in some reclaimed peat, and a rash of
seedlings appeared, and as I didn't recognise them, I let them grow.

They have started to bloom, and I still don't know what they are. The
open ones are yellow, but a number of magenta buds are not far behind.

Anyone care to identify them for me, please?

(The orange ones are begonias - even I know that...)

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/wotsit001.jpg
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/wotsit002.jpg

Mimulus. Beware of its extraordinary capacity to seed *anywhere*.
I used to think I liked it :-)

Cat(h)
The world swirls...

Jaques d'Alltrades 07-10-2005 04:35 PM

The message .com
from "Cat(h)" contains these words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
I planted four tamarind beans in some reclaimed peat, and a rash of
seedlings appeared, and as I didn't recognise them, I let them grow.

They have started to bloom, and I still don't know what they are. The
open ones are yellow, but a number of magenta buds are not far behind.

Anyone care to identify them for me, please?

(The orange ones are begonias - even I know that...)

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/wotsit001.jpg
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/wotsit002.jpg

Mimulus. Beware of its extraordinary capacity to seed *anywhere*.
I used to think I liked it :-)

Thanks - never heard of it, even.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Kay 07-10-2005 08:33 PM

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
I planted four tamarind beans in some reclaimed peat, and a rash of
seedlings appeared, and as I didn't recognise them, I let them grow.

They have started to bloom, and I still don't know what they are. The
open ones are yellow, but a number of magenta buds are not far behind.

Anyone care to identify them for me, please?

(The orange ones are begonias - even I know that...)

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/wotsit001.jpg
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/wotsit002.jpg

Mimulus. Beware of its extraordinary capacity to seed *anywhere*.
I used to think I liked it :-)

Thanks - never heard of it, even.

Monkey musk. Relative of the yellow thing (sometimes with red spots)
that you find in shallow stony rivers.
--
Kay

Nick Maclaren 07-10-2005 08:42 PM

In article ,
Kay wrote:

Mimulus. Beware of its extraordinary capacity to seed *anywhere*.
I used to think I liked it :-)

Thanks - never heard of it, even.

Monkey musk. Relative of the yellow thing (sometimes with red spots)
that you find in shallow stony rivers.

Very common in the Diablo range, just east of San Jose.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Jaques d'Alltrades 07-10-2005 11:05 PM

The message
from Kay contains these words:

Thanks - never heard of it, even.

Monkey musk. Relative of the yellow thing (sometimes with red spots)
that you find in shallow stony rivers.

Frog? Jaundiced trout?

(Still never heard of it, but thanks for the enlargement.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Jaques d'Alltrades 07-10-2005 11:06 PM

The message

Monkey musk. Relative of the yellow thing (sometimes with red spots)
that you find in shallow stony rivers.

Very common in the Diablo range, just east of San Jose.

The Devil it is?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Mike Lyle 07-10-2005 11:45 PM

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message

Monkey musk. Relative of the yellow thing (sometimes with red

spots)
that you find in shallow stony rivers.

Very common in the Diablo range, just east of San Jose.

The Devil it is?

Some way, José!

--
Mike.