GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mountfield M1 Gardener Rotovator (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/107817-mountfield-m1-gardener-rotovator.html)

mcommon 08-10-2005 04:09 PM

Mountfield M1 Gardener Rotovator

Can anyone tell me where i can buy parts for this rotovator

Jupiter 09-10-2005 11:41 PM

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:09:58 +0000, mcommon
wrote:

Can anyone tell me where i can buy parts for this rotovator

What do you need? If its engine parts they're standard Briggs and
Stratton (that model came with 3.5, 4 or 5hp B&S engine. Belts should
be obtainable if you have the measurements. Tines are fairly
standard. Transmission could be a problem though.

mcommon 10-10-2005 03:23 PM

It is a belt which sits between the blade wheel and the engine wheel. Not sure the technical terms for these, sorry. hope you know where i mean.

Jupiter 11-10-2005 09:09 AM

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:23:11 +0000, mcommon
wrote:

It is a belt which sits between the blade wheel and the engine wheel.
Not sure the technical terms for these, sorry. hope you know where i
mean.

Take a look at www.mdr.co.uk/tillerparts/tillerparts.html

Give him a ring and he'll more than likely be able to help you.

Are you sure this a Mountfield M1 and not a later Mountfield Manor
model? The M1 has 2 identical horizontal belts between the engine
pulley and the pulley at the top of an enclosed vertical shaft which
takes the drive down to an enclosed gearbox on the axle where the
blades are fitted. I think it's the later models which use a belt
drive all the way down to the axle. Cheaper to make!

mcommon 11-10-2005 10:07 PM

Yeah your right, not to hot on these things. It's the pulley at the top of an enclosed vertical shaft. What looks to have happened is the belts have got caught up around the pulleys and the bottom pulley has cracked all the way round the vertical shaft. What i need is a new pulley and if you say there are two identical belts i need both.

I will try ringing that company tomorrow, thanks for your help.

Jupiter 12-10-2005 01:01 AM

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:07:02 +0000, mcommon
wrote:

Yeah your right, not to hot on these things. It's the pulley at the top
of an enclosed vertical shaft. What looks to have happened is the belts
have got caught up around the pulleys and the bottom pulley has cracked
all the way round the vertical shaft. What i need is a new pulley and
if you say there are two identical belts i need both.

I will try ringing that company tomorrow, thanks for your help.

Let us know how you get on. If Chester can't help, I think the belts
will be a standard size and probably could be sourced elsewhere.
Probably the pulley could too. They're very good machines (they don't
make them like that any more g)). Made when Mountfield WAS
Mountfield. My local dealer tried to sell me a JCB Rotovator for £350
(big reduction). Pressed steel spot-welded construction, single belt
drive down to the axle, lightweight tines. Ughh!!!! I've used my M1
for breaking ground, smashing through tree roots, lifting stones and
broken paving slabs, you name it. Well worth keeping going.

mcommon 22-11-2005 05:54 PM

Still no luck sourcing spares, even got parts list and diagram from Mountfield, think i've ran into a brick wall now.

Anymore help anywhere???

bugboy 05-06-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcommon
Still no luck sourcing spares, even got parts list and diagram from Mountfield, think i've ran into a brick wall now.

Anymore help anywhere???

Apologies if this is an inappropriate topic, but I have one of these Mountfield M1s in my shed and am thinking of selling it as it is no longer needed. Would anybody be able to give me an indication of how much it is worth? A rough estimate would be fine.
Thanks in advance.

Jupiter 06-06-2006 09:06 AM

Mountfield M1 Gardener Rotovator

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:24:03 +0000, bugboy
wrote:

mcommon Wrote:
Still no luck sourcing spares, even got parts list and diagram from
Mountfield, think i've ran into a brick wall now.

Anymore help anywhere???

Apologies if this is an inappropriate topic, but I have one of these
Mountfield M1s in my shed and am thinking of selling it as it is no
longer needed. Would anybody be able to give me an indication of how
much it is worth? A rough estimate would be fine.
Thanks in advance.

I've got one in working order and in regular use so I keep an eye out
for them on eBay for my own information. A runner in working order
will fetch from £80 upwards. Little used ones in vgc, £120 or so. A
non-runner last week starting at £4.99 didn't attract a single bid.
Wish I'd gone for it - for spares.