Old 13-10-2005, 03:29 PM
iamwhatiam

Default Stopping squirrels getting at my nuts ???

I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.

This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.
Old 13-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Harold Walker

".

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Hope it does not hurt too much when they get at 'em......H

Old 13-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Gary Woods

iamwhatiam wrote:

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Has "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" been released there? I thought of a
scene near the end, right after the "Stinking Bishop" cheese. Which I
understand is enjoying a surge in sales, not entirely welcome for a small
producer who is happy with things as they were...

Old 13-10-2005, 05:04 PM
La puce

martin wrote:
I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.
This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.
So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Binder twine tied tightly around your trouser legs?

Damn!! You beat me to it ;o)

Old 13-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:29:57 GMT, iamwhatiam wrote:

I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.

This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Binder twine tied tightly around your trouser legs?

I knew I could rely on you to save me the trouble...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 13-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Alan Holmes

"iamwhatiam" wrote in message
I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.

This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Get a 'mink/rat' tap from Mole valley farmers, catch the b******ds and
dispose of them.

Alan

Old 13-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:
"iamwhatiam" wrote in message

I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.

This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Get a 'mink/rat' tap from Mole valley farmers, catch the b******ds and
dispose of them.

Preferably in a casserole. I have a recipe somewhere...

Old 13-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Neil Cairns

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:29:57 GMT, iamwhatiam wrote:

I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.

This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Use stromger underpants
Old 14-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Alan Holmes

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:
"iamwhatiam" wrote in message

I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.

This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Get a 'mink/rat' tap from Mole valley farmers, catch the b******ds and
dispose of them.

Preferably in a casserole. I have a recipe somewhere...

Unfortunately I've never seen one with enough meat on it to be worth try to
cook!

Alan

Old 15-10-2005, 07:57 AM
gentlegreen

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:
"iamwhatiam" wrote in message

I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.

This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

Get a 'mink/rat' tap from Mole valley farmers, catch the b******ds and
dispose of them.

Preferably in a casserole. I have a recipe somewhere...

Unfortunately I've never seen one with enough meat on it to be worth try
to cook!

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall did them on skewers satay-style ...

Old 15-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Have you considered wearing underwear?

"gentlegreen" wrote in
message o.uk...

Old 16-10-2005, 08:00 AM
gentlegreen

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
Have you considered wearing underwear?

I /was/ going to suggest chain maille underwear but all the websites selling
it were rather unsuitable for URG !

"gentlegreen" wrote in
message o.uk...

Old 16-10-2005, 01:29 PM
John Smith

"iamwhatiam" wrote in message
I have a walnut tree that I suspect squirrels have stripped it of its
nuts. This has not been known in the past thou.

This tree is grown seperate from all my other trees, and its branches
are well away from others tree branches.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

They need entertainment - little slides, swings and roundabouts should
distract them.

Old 17-10-2005, 10:26 AM
La puce

John Smith wrote:
So does anyone have any ideas on how to effectively stop squirrels
climbing, or getting to my nuts.

They need entertainment - little slides, swings and roundabouts should
distract them.

Make sure you also have the Mission Impossible theme tune at the ready
on your cd player for when the lil' squirrels start performing. That'd
be entertainment for you too ;o)