Old 14-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Tanya Gilmore

Default Just Returned

My name is Mike, and having not posted for quite a while I just 'popped
in' during an idle moment (summers I'm too busy) and was very surprised
by the sheer number of posts form sorry individuals with no interest in
gardening other than to spoil the enjoyment of others. Initially, I
imagined my mailer was playing up, then realised it was probably
youngsters with too much idle time on their hands.

I have been restoring a Victorian walled flower garden. I didn't know it
as such when I moved in, believing it to be for veggies at first until
my researches and digging uncovered the truth and more besides . . . . .
This year I planted an Actinidia polygama climber during the spring on a
south-facing brick wall. It has moved quite slowly during this first
year which is no surprise for a climber but wondered if anyone has any
experience of growing it they may wish to pass on.TIA