Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
John Towill

Default Moan, moan, is the weather never right?

Not many days ago working in the garden was a miserable freezing job, now
today I am sweating my cobs off. Can it never be right?
Disgruntled North Staffordshire!
;-)

Cheers
John T

--
Remove the wet from towill to reply
by email

Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Gary Woods

"John Towill" wrote:

Not many days ago working in the garden was a miserable freezing job, now
today I am sweating my cobs off. Can it never be right?

Not if you refuse to enjoy what nature hands you....

Myself, I got up this morning and checked the obituaries in the paper.
Self not in them; continued with breakfast. It's a beautiful day in the
colonies.... snow melting, air smelling nice, and dog sniffing all the
glorious scents uncovered. I'd rather not know....

Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Jack

He, he. Never satisfied are we! I'm moaning that my garden is bone dry
because we haven't seen a drop of rain in what seems like months. No doubt
this time next week when it's chucking it down, I'll be moaning about how
waterlogged the garden is!

Well, off to have another cuppa out of my Alan Titchmarsh mug with the
anti-bug lid -- a Christmas present that I've just christened today!

Absolutely glorious day!

Regards

Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Zizz

"John Towill" wrote in message
Not many days ago working in the garden was a miserable freezing job, now
today I am sweating my cobs off. Can it never be right?
Disgruntled North Staffordshire!
;-)

Cheers
John T

--
Remove the wet from towill to reply
by email

Perchance the wrong attire is worn for these garden excusions .... warm
layers of clothing for the chill ... cool off when it heats up by taking
layers off until desired warmth is attained ;o)

Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Gary Woods

"Zizz" wrote:

cool off when it heats up by taking
layers off until desired warmth is attained ;o)

Last time I tried that, the neighbors called the cops!

But seriously, I'm not exposing that much of my Celtic skin to the sun.
Equal mixtures of health concerns and common decency...

Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Mike

In article , Zizz
writes

"John Towill" wrote in message
Not many days ago working in the garden was a miserable freezing job, now
today I am sweating my cobs off. Can it never be right?
Disgruntled North Staffordshire!
;-)

Cheers
John T

--
Remove the wet from towill to reply
by email

Perchance the wrong attire is worn for these garden excusions .... warm
layers of clothing for the chill ... cool off when it heats up by taking
layers off until desired warmth is attained ;o)

Quite right, I was topless in the garden today repairing the fence. :-))

Mike

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd

Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.

Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:
"Zizz" wrote:

cool off when it heats up by taking
layers off until desired warmth is attained ;o)

Last time I tried that, the neighbors called the cops!

But seriously, I'm not exposing that much of my Celtic skin to the sun.
Equal mixtures of health concerns and common decency...

We black Celts don't have that problem :-)

[ To anyone who doesn't know, that doesn't refer to an African race
of Celts, but to the fact that there are two Celtic colourings for
both skin and hair - one dark and one light. The dark skinned one
is popularly rumoured to be actually due to Spanish blood, because
of ships that sank after the Armada, but I believe that it goes back
a couple of millennia. ]

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679
Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM

"Mike" wrote in message
: In article , Zizz
: writes
:
: "John Towill" wrote in message
: ...
: Not many days ago working in the garden was a miserable freezing job,
now
: today I am sweating my cobs off. Can it never be right?
: Disgruntled North Staffordshire!
: ;-)
:
: Cheers
: John T
:
: --
: Remove the wet from towill to reply
: by email
:
:
:
: Perchance the wrong attire is worn for these garden excusions .... warm
: layers of clothing for the chill ... cool off when it heats up by taking
: layers off until desired warmth is attained ;o)
: L
:
:
: Quite right, I was topless in the garden today repairing the fence. :-))
:
:
: Mike
:
I sat in the garden to drink my afternoon cuppa.

Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Natalie

I sat in the garden to drink my afternoon cuppa.

I hope it is as good tomorrow as I am on playground duty ;-)

Natalie

Old 18-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Gary Woods contains these words:
!

But seriously, I'm not exposing that much of my Celtic skin to the sun.
Equal mixtures of health concerns and common decency...

I know the feeling :-)

I've just bought a couple of three-quarter sleeved loose linen
"grandad"-shirt tops from M and S women's dept, just the thing for
summer gardening.

For cold weather gardening I dress warm, with however many layers of
fleece jumper/bodywarmer/jacket are necessary, double-layer-walking-boot
socks, thick tracky bottoms (plus thermal longjohns in extreme cold) and
a fleece hat. Winter sports shops sell a stretchy short tubular fleece
neck collar which I thoroughly recommend for cosy comfort. My only gripe
with fleece, is the number of small holes that get burnt by bonfire
sparks :-(

Janet.

Old 18-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Natalie

"Natalie" wrote in message
I sat in the garden to drink my afternoon cuppa.

I hope it is as good tomorrow as I am on playground duty ;-)

Natalie

It has been another lovely day here in London. I enjoyed the sun both at
morning play and again when planting some seeds outside with a group of
children.

Natalie

Old 18-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Mike

In article , Natalie
writes

"Natalie" wrote in message
I sat in the garden to drink my afternoon cuppa.

I hope it is as good tomorrow as I am on playground duty ;-)

Natalie

It has been another lovely day here in London. I enjoyed the sun both at
morning play and again when planting some seeds outside with a group of
children.

Natalie

Natalie, here on the Isle of Wight the children in schools are
encouraged to plant Sun Flower seeds and there are competitions to see
whose grows the highest. Some of these are grown at schools, but most
are grown at home.

We had a few Sun Flowers grow at a house near Tesco's at Ryde on the
main road and the householders put sunglasses and hats on them :-))
Looked quite good and attracted a lot of attention.

Mike
Basking in the second day of sunshine. 'Topless' yesterday ;-)