GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   greenhouse flooring and moss (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/108393-re-greenhouse-flooring-moss.html)

Janet Baraclough 23-10-2005 11:35 PM

greenhouse flooring and moss

The message
from contains these words:

Was the gravel a good thing?

I'd say not, because if your GH is anything like mine, there's a
constant rain of bits of compost etc onto the floor. Gravel will just be
harder to get the weeds out of and impossible to clean,

What flooring do you use? I know some
people pave.

I did, with old paving slabs. Never regretted it. No moss, no hiding
place for bugs or fungus. Very easy to clean up; you can wet them down
to raise humidity, and when it's warm in the GH they absorb a certain
amount of heat to release at night.

Janet

Janet Galpin 25-10-2005 12:15 AM

greenhouse flooring and moss

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

The message
from contains these words:

Was the gravel a good thing?

I'd say not, because if your GH is anything like mine, there's a
constant rain of bits of compost etc onto the floor. Gravel will just be
harder to get the weeds out of and impossible to clean,

What flooring do you use? I know some
people pave.

I did, with old paving slabs. Never regretted it. No moss, no hiding
place for bugs or fungus. Very easy to clean up; you can wet them down
to raise humidity, and when it's warm in the GH they absorb a certain
amount of heat to release at night.

Janet

I agree that paving slabs work very well. However, just a smalI point
for which I've never found a satisfactory solution. I always have couch
grass growing very tall behind the staging in the crack between the
paving and the greenhouse wall. Very difficult to reach to pull out -
and just rather irritating!
Janet G