GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rasberry Viruses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/10842-rasberry-viruses.html)

[email protected] 18-03-2003 08:44 AM

Rasberry Viruses

About to start a new rasberry patch using runners from my old rasberry
patch when my friendly neigbour shakes his head and says , something
to the effect -

' I wouldn't do that if I were you ! You will be propagating the
viruses which have built up in your old stock"

and added ' you would do better to buy new stock'

Is he correct ?

Rod 18-03-2003 07:56 PM

Rasberry Viruses

wrote in message ...
About to start a new rasberry patch using runners from my old rasberry
patch when my friendly neigbour shakes his head and says , something
to the effect -

' I wouldn't do that if I were you ! You will be propagating the
viruses which have built up in your old stock"

and added ' you would do better to buy new stock'

Is he correct ?

Yes - if you're replacing because cropping has deteriorated. Viruses are the most likely cause and you will just be
perpetuating the problem. Look for certified stock.

Rod