GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Caterpillar on fruit trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/108597-caterpillar-fruit-trees.html)

helenboyce34 30-10-2005 07:25 AM

Caterpillar on fruit trees

Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of Caterpillars on fruit trees.

Kay 30-10-2005 08:18 AM

Caterpillar on fruit trees

In article , helenboyce34
writes

Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of Caterpillars on fruit
trees.

What sort of fruit trees, where are the caterpillars, and how many are
there? What sort of damage are they doing?

They'll soon be gone with the onset of winter.

--
Kay

Tumbleweed 30-10-2005 09:34 PM

Caterpillar on fruit trees

"helenboyce34" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of Caterpillars on fruit
trees.

define 'best'...cheapest, quickest, 'organic', etc? If they are there now,
waiting for winter would be the easiest.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

helenboyce34 02-11-2005 06:18 PM

It is an orange tree that has been ouside for the summer but is now inside for the winter so I don't think it will kill of the caterpillars.

----
Helen

Kay 02-11-2005 10:13 PM

Caterpillar on fruit trees

In article , helenboyce34
writes

Kay Wrote:
In article , helenboyce34
writes

Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of Caterpillars on fruit
trees.

What sort of fruit trees, where are the caterpillars, and how many are
there? What sort of damage are they doing?

They'll soon be gone with the onset of winter.

It is an orange tree that has been ouside for the summer but is now
inside for the winter so I don't think it will kill of the
caterpillars.

well, in that case, picking them off is probably the most effective.
--
Kay