GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Removing a border (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/108619-removing-border.html)

Glen Able 30-10-2005 06:06 PM

Removing a border

Hello,

I'm currently planning to clear a badly-placed border which is to be turfed
over (nr. Oxford btw). There's a few plants I'd like to keep - I'd
appreciate advice on whether it's best to move them now or leave them until
spring.

There's a couple of Verbena bonariensis. Also there's several 3" seedlings
that have popped up - could I maybe put them in pots until spring?

Also a 2' Euphorbia mellifera, a smaller euphorb and a dwarf Cytisus need to
be moved - any idea if they're ok to transplant now?

Finally, there's 3 chocolate Cosmos. Interesting to note that I left them
in their current spots in fairly heavy clay over winter last year, without
even bothering to mulch them and 2 came up fine in spring. (And the 3rd
bizarrely appeared just a few weeks ago, long after I assumed it had died!)

ta for any ideas,
G.A.

Kay 30-10-2005 06:37 PM

Removing a border

In article , Glen Able
writes

Also a 2' Euphorbia mellifera,

How have you managed to keep it to 2ft? ;-)

--
Kay

chris French 31-10-2005 06:45 AM

Removing a border

In message , Glen Able
writes
Hello,

I'm currently planning to clear a badly-placed border which is to be turfed
over (nr. Oxford btw). There's a few plants I'd like to keep - I'd
appreciate advice on whether it's best to move them now or leave them until
spring.

Now is a good time

--
Chris French