Old 18-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Shroppie

Default Garden Design Software

Can anyone recommend a decent garden design software package ? I've tried
Landscape Design 3d and Alan Tichmarsh garden design and found them both
very poor and difficult to use. I quite fancy the one used In the
gardening program 'Instant gardens' but can't find out what it is. I need
a package that will deal with a plot size of at least 30 x 30 metres...

Shroppie.....
Where else

Old 18-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Michael Berridge

Shroppie wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a decent garden design software package ? I've

tried
Landscape Design 3d and Alan Tichmarsh garden design and found them

both
very poor and difficult to use. I quite fancy the one used In the
gardening program 'Instant gardens' but can't find out what it is.

Probably a specific programme for the programme and not available to the
public.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 18-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Zizz

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message

Shroppie wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a decent garden design software package ? I've

tried
Landscape Design 3d and Alan Tichmarsh garden design and found them

both
very poor and difficult to use. I quite fancy the one used In the
gardening program 'Instant gardens' but can't find out what it is.

Probably a specific programme for the programme and not available to the
public.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Bet they'd make a killing if they did market it!

Old 19-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Hussein M.

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:27:14 GMT, "Zizz"
wrotc:

Bet they'd make a killing if they did market it!

Yup. I've tried a few of the off the shelf offerings and wished I
hadn't. What works best for me now is a digital camera which has
"stitch" and laying out the resulting panoramic shot on a page of
Visio. I chiefly use it to remember what I planted where and also what
happened when last year in the colour/foliage department.

As far as grand plans are concerned. Impressive though they are
"This sweeps around here to meet up with there and .. tiddly",
...... are probably most unsuited to the real event.

Eventually I would realise that tree, "My isn't it slow" really
does need a stopgap in the meantime. And a little later "Oh look
that's turned that corner into a charming woodlandly bit. Not at all
what I had in mind but .... better in a way."

Hussein
(If I'm waffling, it's coz it's late)
Grow a little garden
Old 19-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Geoff P

You could try John Brookes Garden Design Book (often found in libraries) -
it has clear and useful instructions on how to measure and plan on paper.
Not too bad once you get into it. His instructions, thoughts and theories
are very similar to a garden design course that I completed at Capel Manor.
He also has useful hints about planting design too.

Steph Power