GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Comprehensive book (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/109452-comprehensive-book.html)

Sacha 29-11-2005 01:36 PM

Comprehensive book

I can't recommend it because I haven't seen it but a catalogue I've just
received advertises the Reader's Digest Guide to Britain's Wildlife, Plants
& Flowers. It's a 419 page book with "gorgeous colour illustrations with
detailed descriptions". It's £12.99.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

La puce 30-11-2005 11:30 AM

Comprehensive book

Sacha wrote:
I can't recommend it because I haven't seen it but a catalogue I've just
received advertises the Reader's Digest Guide to Britain's Wildlife, Plants
& Flowers. It's a 419 page book with "gorgeous colour illustrations with
detailed descriptions". It's £12.99.

I would very happily recommend Collins complete british wildlife
written by Paul Sterry (sp?). My kids bought it for my birthday and it
is really wonderful with hundreds of moths, birds, plants and even
slugs and snails! Fascinating stuff.