Old 16-12-2005, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Default gates.

Kevin Weller wrote:
I confess I'm wondering how I got sucked into this

Because you're human and you spoke a lot of truth. Bravo.

Old 16-12-2005, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kevin Weller

In article , Janet Baraclough
wrote:
YOU will be relying on what you're
told because you don't have enough horticultural experience to compare
it with.

How do you know what I'd do? (do you realise writing in upper case is
considered shouting; isn't that rude? If you want to emphasise something
using bold is probably more polite.)

In fact you've just demonstrated that you have no idea what I'd do - why
on earth would I blindly follow advice given to me by a total stranger?
I'd want to check it out, particularly if I was being given conflicting
advice. I'd use that advice as a basis for checking elsewhere. OTOH if 20
people gave me the same advice the balance of probability is it's
reasonably accurate but there are no guarantees. Eventually, as I got to
'know' people (as much as you can know someone who is just a keyboard), I
might begin to trust their advice but, again, there are no guarantees -
anyone could spoof an advisor's address or they might be having an off
day.

Kevin

Old 16-12-2005, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:
We were all newbies to usenet once. You are a new gardener; so when
you ask for gardening advice here, YOU will be relying on what you're
told because you don't have enough horticultural experience to compare
it with. Do you follow the advice offered by shy A; or the conflicting
advice from loudmouth B? It will take you some time to work out whose
advice can be trusted, and whose should not. It's exactly the same for a
newbie to usenet, in their first experience of a newsgroup. Trolls know
it, and exploit it.

Do you truly beleive some people are spending their times on gardening
forums trying to exploit others? Can you please show us now on this
gardening forum a troll that exploit us?

Old 17-12-2005, 12:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kevin Weller

In article , Janet Baraclough
wrote:
You haven't demonstrated that capability so far in this thread.

Really? You're very welcome to show me where I've followed advice
blindly.

Well, yes, we're getting the picture.

'We'? I'm sorry, if I'd known you had some sort of split personality
disorder I wouldn't have attempted to feed your paranoia by entering a
discussion with you.

Kevin

Old 17-12-2005, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default gates. OT

In message , Kevin Weller
writes
wrote:
You haven't demonstrated that capability so far in this thread.

Really? You're very welcome to show me where I've followed advice
blindly.

Well, yes, we're getting the picture.

'We'? I'm sorry, if I'd known you had some sort of split personality
disorder I wouldn't have attempted to feed your paranoia by entering a
discussion with you.

I am really fed up of removing this thread only to see it re-appear. It
is off-topic, is not marked as such and now extends to over forty 'live'
posts. If _all_ of you lot want to carry on your ridiculous rows, why
not do it by email and let everyone else get on with gardening? You
talk about people ruining this group, you are all doing that for
yourselves.
--
June Hughes
Old 17-12-2005, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kevin Weller

In article , June Hughes wrote:
It is off-topic,

Gates are off topic? g,d&r

Kevin

Old 17-12-2005, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
landscapeadvice

Does anybody want to buy a pair of gates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 17-12-2005, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

landscapeadvice wrote:
Does anybody want to buy a pair of gates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! No thank you ... LOL!!!

Old 18-12-2005, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
landscapeadvice

No, it's true the gates are sold, just a laugh. Just like the
continueing saga. I wonder who will end it? Steve.